Alan Meale campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Alan Meale’s voting in Parliament
Alan Meale is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Alan Meale sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Alan Meale generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alan Meale’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alan Meale’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alan Meale has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Before the Minister begins, I ask him to leave a small period of time at the end so that the hon. Member for Bristol West (Thangam Debbonaire) can wind up.
To ask the Prime Minister, whether her nomination of people for a peerage takes account of age as well as merit; and if she will make a statement.
I call Alex Chalk to sum up—briefly.
More of Alan Meale’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Mansfield
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- NHS: Public Participation
- Armed Forces Parliamentary Scheme
- Pneumoconiosis: Compensation
- Health Services (Nottinghamshire)
- Mansfield Benefit Centre
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (since 7 Nov 2016)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 24 Jan 2011)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill Committee (4 Mar 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Chair, Crossrail Bill Committee (13 Dec 2005 to 13 Nov 2007)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (5 Dec 2005 to 13 Dec 2005)
- Member, Draft Gambling Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 22 Jul 2004)
- Member, Court of Referees (1 Jul 1999 to 1 Jul 2002)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Environment) (28 Jul 1998 to 29 Jul 1999)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jul 1992 to 1 Jul 1994)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (19 Dec 1989 to 16 Mar 1992)
- Member, European Legislation Sub-Committee I (12 Jul 1989 to 10 Jan 1990)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (9 Feb 1988 to 15 Dec 1989)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from