A selection of David Marshall's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 1999–2007
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
9 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 1997–2004
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
18 votes for, 6 votes against, 15 absences, between 2006–2008
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Almost always voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 9 votes against, between 2003–2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Marshall’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Marshall’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how many Ministry of Defence houses were sold in each of the last 10 years.
What assessment he has made of the electricity generation capacity in Scotland.
Generating capacity has an effect on prices. As my hon. Friend is aware, Ofgem has launched a welcome investigation into the electricity and gas markets. In view of the similarities between the price increases imposed on consumers by energy companies, will the Minister ask Ofgem specifically to look into the possibility that the companies are operating a nice, cosy cartel against the public...
More of David Marshall’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Glasgow East
Entered the House of Commons on 3 May 1979 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 June 2008 — Resigned
Also represented Glasgow Shettleston
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Olympic Games: Greater London
- Parliamentary Questions
- Proceeds of Crime Act
- Commonwealth Games: Glasgow
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 6 Mar 2008)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Jun 2004)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all David Marshall’s speeches
- Has received answers to 24 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 55.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 22 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 32 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from