Fiona Mactaggart campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Fiona Mactaggart’s voting in Parliament
Fiona Mactaggart is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Fiona Mactaggart sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Fiona Mactaggart generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
Fiona Mactaggart generally voted for university tuition fees, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Fiona Mactaggart’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Fiona Mactaggart’s full vote analysis page for more.
Fiona Mactaggart has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I thank the Minister for that response. This is probably my first experience of leading a debate in which everybody apart from the Minister has agreed with one another. I thank all hon. Members who contributed. I am particularly concerned about the Minister’s account—I know he is not the Minister responsible, but I hope he will pass this on to the Financial Secretary—which...
I beg to move, That this House has considered the performance of Concentrix in dealing with tax credit claimants. This is the first time that I have spoken in a debate in this Chamber that you have chaired, Mr Nuttall, and I look forward to it. Just hours after I successfully persuaded the House of Commons Backbench Business Committee to table this debate, Concentrix’s contract was...
I think that the best thing that we can do with this debate is ensure that lessons are learned from this failure, and that the whole Government act on them. It is time to get answers from the Treasury about the extent to which it, rather than Concentrix, is responsible for the failure.
More of Fiona Mactaggart’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Slough
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Public Appointments
- Human Trafficking
- Departmental Public Appointments
- Action for Employment
- Domestic Violence
Currently held offices
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (since 9 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (13 May 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Modern Slavery Bill Committee (9 Jan 2014 to 3 Apr 2014)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (24 Oct 2011 to 7 Apr 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Equalities) (26 Apr 2011 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Equalities Office) (8 Oct 2010 to 26 Apr 2011)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (7 Dec 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (17 Jul 2006 to 8 Nov 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (13 Jun 2003 to 5 May 2006)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (16 Jul 1997 to 3 Feb 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Office premises in Glasgow (held on my behalf by trustees): (i) and (ii).
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
Mactaggart Heritable Holdings Ltd.; property investment and management.
From 26 September 2016
to 31 July 2017
, I have the support of an intern recruited through CARE
, as part of their educational Leadership Programme, who works for me 4 days a week. The intern undertook training with CARE in September 2016 and received a bursary of £770 in that month. She is now paid through my staffing allowance and does not receive a bursary. (Registered 11 October 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from