Patrick McLoughlin campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Patrick McLoughlin’s voting in Parliament
Patrick McLoughlin is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Patrick McLoughlin’s votes.
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
18 votes for, 56 votes against, 15 absences, between 2008–2017
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
7 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 2008–2016
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
47 votes for, 0 votes against, 7 absences, between 2012–2016
Almost always voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
13 votes for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, between 2012–2014
We have lots more plain English analysis of Patrick McLoughlin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Patrick McLoughlin’s full vote analysis page for more.
Patrick McLoughlin has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
The donations by the Benevolent Fund in each of the last five years are set out in the table below: Year Total Amount 2015/16* £401,639 2014/15 £543,331 2013/14 £388,315 2012/12 £370,611 2011/12 £354,530 The annual donations to organisations and projects in Lancashire are set out in the table below: Year Donations received by panel Grants...
I refer the Hon. Member to the answer given by My Rt. Hon. Friend the Minister for the Cabinet office on 2 February 2017 to PQ62060. Please note that the answer to this question is late on account of an administrative error in the Table Office.
I refer the Hon. Member to the answer given by My Rt. Hon. Friend the Minister for the Cabinet office on 8 February 2017 to PQ62876. Please note that the answer to this question is late on account of an administrative error in the Table Office.
More of Patrick McLoughlin’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Derbyshire Dales
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 1986 — unknown
Also represented West Derbyshire
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Members: Correspondence
- Employment Tribunals
Currently held offices
- Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster (since 14 Jul 2016)
- Party Chair, Conservative Party (since 14 Jul 2016)
- Minister for Government Policy (since 14 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Transport (6 Sep 2012 to 14 Jul 2016)
- The Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury (12 May 2010 to 4 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Chief Whip (Commons) (10 Dec 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (27 Sep 2005 to 8 Nov 2005)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 14 Dec 2005)
- Member, Accommodation and works Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (22 Jan 2004 to 13 Jul 2005)
- Opposition Deputy Chief Whip (Commons) (10 Jul 1998 to 10 Dec 2005)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (5 Jun 1998 to 17 Jul 2005)
- Member, Committee of Selection (7 May 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Opposition Pairing Whip (Commons) (2 May 1997 to 10 Jul 1998)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (23 Jul 1996 to 2 May 1997)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (7 Jul 1995 to 23 Jul 1996)
- Member, Procedure Committee (26 Jun 1995 to 23 Apr 1996)
- Member, National Heritage Committee (31 Oct 1994 to 17 Oct 1995)
- Member, Broadcasting Committee (1 Jul 1994 to 1 Jul 1995)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Trade and Industry) (27 May 1993 to 20 Jul 1994)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Employment) (14 Apr 1992 to 27 May 1993)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Transport (25 Jul 1989 to 14 Apr 1992)
- Member, Social Services Committee (13 Jan 1987 to 15 May 1987)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Patrick McLoughlin’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.11% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 173 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Patrick McLoughlin’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 901 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from