Patrick McLoughlin campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Patrick McLoughlin’s voting in Parliament
Patrick McLoughlin is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Patrick McLoughlin’s votes.
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Almost always voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Patrick McLoughlin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Patrick McLoughlin’s full vote analysis page for more.
Patrick McLoughlin has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Since the Government proposed that South Yorkshire should be served by a High Speed station at Meadowhall in 2013, opinion amongst local stakeholders has remained divided. This has made the decision about where to best to locate an HS2 station in South Yorkshire very challenging. I would therefore like to thank Sir David Higgins, Chairman of HS2 Ltd, for the work he and HS2 Ltd have...
I am sure that my hon. Friend will join me in welcoming the introduction of an additional 9,000 peak-time seats on the Essex Thameside route by January next year. By 2024, capacity will increase by a further 16,000 seats.
A number of improvements are coming to the c2c line. In the past, my hon. Friend has been incredibly critical, but he has welcomed many of the changes that have been brought in by the new franchise. Obviously, those take a bit of time to bed in, but I know he very much welcomes the extra availability and the new seats, and I hope to see those in operation as soon as possible.
More of Patrick McLoughlin’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Derbyshire Dales
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 1986 — unknown
Also represented West Derbyshire
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Members: Correspondence
- Employment Tribunals
Currently held offices
- Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster (since 14 Jul 2016)
- Party Chair, Conservative Party (since 14 Jul 2016)
- Minister for Government Policy (since 14 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Transport (6 Sep 2012 to 14 Jul 2016)
- The Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury (12 May 2010 to 4 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Chief Whip (Commons) (10 Dec 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (27 Sep 2005 to 8 Nov 2005)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 14 Dec 2005)
- Member, Accommodation and works Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (22 Jan 2004 to 13 Jul 2005)
- Opposition Deputy Chief Whip (Commons) (10 Jul 1998 to 10 Dec 2005)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (5 Jun 1998 to 17 Jul 2005)
- Member, Committee of Selection (7 May 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Opposition Pairing Whip (Commons) (2 May 1997 to 10 Jul 1998)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (23 Jul 1996 to 2 May 1997)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (7 Jul 1995 to 23 Jul 1996)
- Member, Procedure Committee (26 Jun 1995 to 23 Apr 1996)
- Member, National Heritage Committee (31 Oct 1994 to 17 Oct 1995)
- Member, Broadcasting Committee (1 Jul 1994 to 1 Jul 1995)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Trade and Industry) (27 May 1993 to 20 Jul 1994)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Employment) (14 Apr 1992 to 27 May 1993)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Transport (25 Jul 1989 to 14 Apr 1992)
- Member, Social Services Committee (13 Jan 1987 to 15 May 1987)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Patrick McLoughlin’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.43% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 185 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Patrick McLoughlin’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 900 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from