A selection of Andrew MacKinlay's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrew MacKinlay’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrew MacKinlay’s full vote analysis page for more.
I shall not detain the House for more than a few moments. I listened carefully to the shadow Minister's speech and, although I am open to correction, I do not think that he made much reference to clause 8, which is struck out by the Lords amendments. I am extremely surprised, bearing in mind the traumatic experience that the UK has suffered during the financial crisis over the past year or...
I am pleased that I gave way, because that demonstrates the laid-back attitude of the Conservatives to this issue. Of course, the FSA has been acting in the way that the hon. Gentleman describes, but clause 8 places a duty on it. It reinforces its power. It sends messages abroad. It means that the FSA can go thumping the table internationally with full confidence and mandate of a statute....
My accusation stands, and I shall be interested to hear what the Minister says in reply.
More of Andrew MacKinlay’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Thurrock
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Bermuda Regiment
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Jun 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 66 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Andrew MacKinlay’s speeches
- Has received answers to 208 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.66% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 39 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 51 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 792 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from