A selection of Andrew MacKay's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2004–2010
Generally voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 3 absences, between 1999–2007
Almost always voted against university tuition fees Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, between 1997–2004
Voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2008
Almost always voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 37 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2009
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrew MacKay’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrew MacKay’s full vote analysis page for more.
I had always assumed that the Leader of the House was in favour of our freedom of information legislation, so why did she not answer the question from my right hon. Friend the Member for North-West Hampshire (Sir George Young) and say that the relevant Departments will now no longer block the requests concerning the selling of the gold and the effect on pensioners of taxation under the Prime...
What recent assessment he has made of the activities of dissident republicans in Northern Ireland.
Will the Secretary of State confirm that there is no hiding place for violent republican dissidents across the border, and that co-operation has never been better, particularly under the new Garda commissioner?
More of Andrew MacKay’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Bracknell
Entered the House of Commons on 31 March 1977 — unknown
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Also represented Berkshire East; Birmingham Stechford
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Crash Barriers
- RAF Staff College
- Devolved Government
Other offices held in the past
- Senior Parliamentary & Political Advisor To David Cameron (16 Dec 2005 to 4 Jun 2009)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 20 Dec 2005)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 18 Jan 2006)
- Deputy Chairman (Candidates), Conservative Party (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Andrew MacKay’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.20% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 38 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 498 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Received payment of £150 for completing survey for Ipsos Mori, 79-81 Borough Road, London, SE1 1FY. Hours: 1hr. (Registered 4 August 2009
Consultant giving strategic advice to social enterprise company Slivers of Time. Address: Essex House, 375-377 High Street, London E15 4QZ.
Received payment of £1000 for December 2009. Hours: 4 hrs. (Registered 5 January 2010
Received payment of £1000 for January 2010. Hours: 4 hrs. (Registered 4 March 2010
14th January 2010, received £150. Hours: 1 hr 10 mins. (Registered 20 January 2010)
3 February 2010
, received £150. Hours: 1 hr 10 mins. (Registered 5 February 2010)
Participated in a January Panel Survey. Address: ComRes, 4 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA. Received payment of £75. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 18 March 2010)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from