Steve McCabe’s voting in Parliament
Steve McCabe is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Steve McCabe’s votes.
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, between 2011–2016
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2007–2016
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2016
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2004–2011
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2017
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
12 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2011–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Steve McCabe’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Steve McCabe’s full vote analysis page for more.
Steve McCabe has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 16 Jan 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, whether he plans to introduce a means-test for the £200 self-contribution under the disabled students' allowance.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, whether he plans to reintroduce legal aid for early advice.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, pursuant to the Answer of 5 February to Question 125468, how many gas SMETS2 meters have been installed, and how many of those meters have been connected to the DCC.
More of Steve McCabe’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Birmingham, Selly Oak
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Birmingham, Hall Green
Topics of interest
Steve McCabe campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Education
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Special Educational Needs
- Energy: Meters
- Children: Maintenance
- Foster Care
Currently held offices
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (14 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (7 Oct 2013 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (6 May 2010 to 1 Jul 2010)
- Government Whip (2 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 12 Jun 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Charles Clarke, Secretary of State), Department for Education and Skills (10 Apr 2005 to 11 Apr 2005)
- PPS (Rt Hon Charles Clarke, Secretary of State), Home Office (16 Dec 2004 to 10 Apr 2005)
- PPS (Rt Hon Charles Clarke, Secretary of State), Department for Education and Skills (13 May 2004 to 16 Dec 2004)
- Member, House of Lords Reform (Joint Committee) (19 Jun 2002 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (9 Nov 1998 to 20 Oct 2003)
- Member, Deregulation Committee (29 Jul 1997 to 19 Mar 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 Apr 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Mondelez International
Address of donor: Uxbridge Business Park, Sanderson Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1DH
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets, and associated hospitality, for a football match on 9 September 2017
, value £599 plus VAT
Date received: 9 September 2017
Date accepted: 9 September 2017
Donor status: company, registration 00203663
(Registered 31 October 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Birmingham: (i) and (ii).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from