David Lidington’s voting in Parliament
David Lidington is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, David Lidington sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
David Lidington generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
David Lidington generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Lidington’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Lidington’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Lidington has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
I beg to move, That the following provisions shall have effect: SITTINGS ON 24, 25, 26 AND 27 APRIL (1) At today’s sitting and the sittings on Tuesday 25 April, Wednesday 26 April and Thursday 27 April— (a) Standing Orders Nos. 83D to 83H and 83I(2), (3) and (6) (conclusion of proceedings etc) shall apply to proceedings to be taken in accordance with this Order, but with the...
More of David Lidington’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Aylesbury
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Topics of interest
David Lidington campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Customs and Excise
- RAF Halton
- Climate Change Levy
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (since 14 Jul 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (since 14 Jul 2016)
- Member, House of Commons Commission (since 14 Jul 2016)
- Lord President of the Council and Leader of the House of Commons (since 14 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister for Europe (13 May 2010 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (1 Jul 2003 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister (Food, Farming and Environment) (5 Sep 2002 to 19 Dec 2002)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (23 Jul 2002 to 1 Jul 2003)
- Shadow Financial Secretary (8 Oct 2001 to 1 Oct 2002)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (1 Apr 1999 to 4 Oct 2001)
- Member, Education Committee (5 Jul 1993 to 17 Oct 1996)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (27 Apr 1992 to 21 Mar 1997)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all David Lidington’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 82.01% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 20–21 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 108 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Lidington’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1518 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from