Julian Lewis campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Julian Lewis’s voting in Parliament
Julian Lewis is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Julian Lewis sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Julian Lewis consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year, while most Conservative MPs consistently voted for.
Julian Lewis consistently voted against selling England’s state owned forests, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted for.
Julian Lewis almost always voted against university tuition fees, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
Julian Lewis generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julian Lewis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julian Lewis’s full vote analysis page for more.
Julian Lewis has quite often rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
On a point of order, Mr Speaker.
I am much obliged to you, Mr Speaker. I wonder whether it is within the rules of order for me to point out that on 14 March 2007, when the “initial gate” vote on Trident took place, the majority was 248, whereas this evening it has risen to 355.
Will the hon. Lady give way?
More of Julian Lewis’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for New Forest East
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Cabinet Office
- Departmental Files
- Simon Mann
- Aircraft Carriers
Currently held offices
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Feb 2016)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (since 30 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (since 8 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Defence Committee (since 18 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (3 Nov 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Defence Committee (3 Nov 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (13 Sep 2010 to 16 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (1 Jul 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (1 Jul 2002 to 1 Jul 2004)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jul 2001 to 1 Jul 2002)
- Member, Defence Committee (3 Feb 2000 to 29 Oct 2001)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (22 Jun 1998 to 11 May 2001)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Computational Mechanics International Ltd, an advanced engineering, research and development organisation which, among other activities, supports the Wessex Institute of Technology
Address of donor: Ashurst Lodge, Ashurst, Southampton SO40 7AA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2000
Donor status: company, registration 1322907
(Registered 15 April 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in London, purchased on 22 December 2014
and from which rental income has been received since 5 February 2015: (i) and (ii). (Registered 05 February 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from