Ivan Lewis’s voting in Parliament
Ivan Lewis is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Ivan Lewis’s votes.
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
12 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2011–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 5 votes against, 6 absences, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 12 votes against, 5 absences, between 2011–2014
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, 1 absence, between 2013–2016
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 10 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ivan Lewis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ivan Lewis’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ivan Lewis has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2017
It is always good to see you in the Chair, Sir Roger. I congratulate the hon. Member for Sutton and Cheam (Paul Scully) not only on securing this important debate but on his excellent opening contribution. I also pay tribute to my hon. Friend the Member for Dudley North (Ian Austin) for his work on this issue over a long period. Most of all, like other hon. Members, I thank the Cystic...
The measures that we are debating expose what has been happening to our country since 2010. In the name of deficit reduction and fiscal responsibility, the Tories have allowed the poorest and most vulnerable to become poorer and even more vulnerable. A Prime Minister who once courageously warned her own party that it was perceived by too many as the nasty party is presiding over a Government...
More of Ivan Lewis’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bury South
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Ivan Lewis campaigned to remain in the European Union
- International Development
- Culture Media and Sport
- Northern Ireland
- Innovation and Skills
- Northern Ireland Office
- Overseas Aid
- St Helena: Airports
- Arms Trade
Currently held offices
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (since 13 Sep 2017)
- Member, International Development Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (21 Feb 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, International Development Committee (20 Feb 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (7 Oct 2013 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for International Development (5 Oct 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (Care Services) (5 May 2006 to 5 Oct 2008)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (Skills and Vocational Education) (11 Jun 2001 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (1 Feb 1999 to 13 Dec 1999)
- Member, Deregulation Committee (29 Jul 1997 to 16 Apr 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Ivan Lewis’s speeches
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 43.61% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 31 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 128 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ivan Lewis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 612 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Mar 2018.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: BM
Creative Management Ltd
Address of donor: 4th Floor, York House, 23 Kingsway, London WC2B 6UJ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000 towards my general election
Date received: 28 April 2017
Date accepted: 28 April 2017
Donor status: company, registration 05635995
(Registered 22 June 2017
Name of donor: UNISON
Address of donor: 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Date received: 11 May 2017
Date accepted: 11 May 2017
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 22 June 2017)
Name of donor: London & City Credit Corporation
Address of donor: 1st Floor, Nelson House, Park Road, Timperley WA14 5BZ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000 towards my general election campaign
Date received: 22 May 2017
Date accepted: 22 May 2017
Donor status: company, registration 03246436
(Registered 22 June 2017)
Name of donor: British Council
Address of donor: 87, Avenue Mohamed 5, Belvedere, Tunis 1002
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £487; transfers £233; accommodation £152; meals and sundries £220; total value £1,092
Destination of visit: Tunisia
Dates of visit: 8-12 November 2017
Purpose of visit: To attend Hammamet Conference run by the British Council, and to participate in working groups.
(Registered 08 December 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from