Ivan Lewis’s voting in Parliament
Ivan Lewis is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Ivan Lewis’s votes.
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 13 votes against, 11 absences, between 2010–2015
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
71 votes for, 9 votes against, 43 absences, between 2006–2018
Almost always voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2018
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2004–2011
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
7 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 1999–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ivan Lewis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ivan Lewis’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ivan Lewis has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps his Department is taking to improve the (a) standard and (b) capacity of NHS crisis and inpatient services.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps he is taking to improve access to child and adolescent mental health services for schools and families.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps he is taking to improve access to face-to-face talking therapies for people with mental health problems.
More of Ivan Lewis’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bury South
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Ivan Lewis campaigned to remain in the European Union
- International Development
- Culture Media and Sport
- Northern Ireland
- Innovation and Skills
- Northern Ireland Office
- Overseas Aid
- St Helena: Airports
- Arms Trade
Currently held offices
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (since 13 Sep 2017)
- Member, International Development Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (21 Feb 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, International Development Committee (20 Feb 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (7 Oct 2013 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for International Development (5 Oct 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (Care Services) (5 May 2006 to 5 Oct 2008)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (Skills and Vocational Education) (11 Jun 2001 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (1 Feb 1999 to 13 Dec 1999)
- Member, Deregulation Committee (29 Jul 1997 to 16 Apr 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Ivan Lewis’s speeches
- Has received answers to 22 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 52.30% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 31 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 126 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ivan Lewis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 626 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Sep 2018.
Name of donor: British Council
Address of donor: 87, Avenue Mohamed 5, Belvedere, Tunis 1002
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £487; transfers £233; accommodation £152; meals and sundries £220; total value £1,092
Destination of visit: Tunisia
Dates of visit: 8-12 November 2017
Purpose of visit: To attend Hammamet Conference run by the British Council, and to participate in working groups.
(Registered 08 December 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from