A selection of David Lepper's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for university tuition fees Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 1997–2004
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 1999–2007
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2004–2010
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
33 votes for, 1 vote against, 8 absences, between 2006–2009
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Lepper’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Lepper’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department whether his Department examined visa requirements for students wishing to enter other countries with a substantial English language teaching sector in its recent revision of the Tier 4 points-based system.
I suspect that my hon. Friend will give us some more information about the number of workers employed on the scheme. Does he share my concern that possible redundancies of some of Network Rail's engineering staff could compromise not only the Thameslink programme, but important maintenance work in the whole Southern region?
Does my hon. Friend agree that First Capital Connect should have been swifter in coming forward with a compensation package for regular travellers on the line, and does he share my hope that even now it will widen the scope of that package?
More of David Lepper’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Brighton, Pavilion
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Lord Chancellor
- Legal Services Commission
- Public Sector Leasehold
- Schools (Brighton and Hove)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, South East Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 22 Nov 2005)
- Chairman, Broadcasting Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Finance & Services Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all David Lepper’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 46 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 123 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 89 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Municipality of Morphou and the Association of Cypriot Municipalities
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): I have been unable to ascertain the exact value but, as it includes return air fare for me to Larnaca, hotel accommodation and meals for myself and my wife and travel within Cyprus I believe that it might exceed £650. My wife paid her own return air fare.
Destination of visit: Nicosia
Purpose of visit: to attend the Morphou Rally and related political meetings
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from