A selection of Bob Laxton's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
We have lots more plain English analysis of Bob Laxton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Bob Laxton’s full vote analysis page for more.
I would like to present to the House of Commons this petition of the Friends of Elvaston, residents of Derbyshire and others against the proposed planning application to lease Elvaston Castle country park in Derby to private developers, in support of a similar petition recently presented to me with 5,200 signatures. The petition states: The Petitioners therefore request that the House of...
I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Bedford (Patrick Hall) on securing this debate. I acknowledge-no, more than acknowledge-the comments made by my hon. Friend the Member for Crawley (Laura Moffatt) about awarding the contract to Bombardier, which is a UK-based company. It is clear from the debate that some hon. Members in the Chamber have far more knowledge about the ins and outs...
I agree entirely. That is why it is vital that a UK-based company should win the work. I am on record as being somewhat critical-that is perhaps an understatement-of some of the ordering processes at the Department for Transport. The most recent example involved the inter-city express contract being awarded to Agility Trains, a consortium that includes Hitachi of Japan. The contract was said...
More of Bob Laxton’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Derby North
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Hepatitis C
- Rolling Stock
- Support Vehicles
Other offices held in the past
- Member, East Midlands Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Apr 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Alan Johnson, Secretary of State), Department for Work and Pensions (2 Nov 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- PPS (Rt Hon Alan Johnson, Minister of State), Department for Education and Skills (13 May 2004 to 9 Sep 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Bob Laxton’s speeches
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.09% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 45 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 41 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from