A selection of Julie Kirkbride's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Almost always voted against more EU integration Show votes
Almost always voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julie Kirkbride’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julie Kirkbride’s full vote analysis page for more.
Will the Secretary of State reassure my constituent whose relative was murdered by the Yorkshire Ripper many years ago that he will never be let out of prison, because of his heinous crimes?
To ask the Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills when he expects the first funding to be disbursed from the UK innovation investment fund.
In the light of the UK's performance at the winter Olympics, does the Secretary of State wish that we had spent more of our money on elite sporting performance in winter Olympic sports?
More of Julie Kirkbride’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Bromsgrove
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Digital Television
- Debt Collectors
- Inward Investment
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (20 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (12 Oct 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Shadow Minister, International Affairs (9 Sep 2004 to 10 Sep 2004)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, Home Affairs (6 Jul 2004 to 9 Sep 2004)
- Member, Catering Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, Home, Constitutional & Legal Affairs (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Julie Kirkbride’s speeches
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.47% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 15 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 45 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 196 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Lectures for the National School
of Government, Sunningdale Park, Larch Avenue, Ascot, SL5 0QE. (Up to £5,000)
Received £150 for lecture. Hours: 1hr. (Registered 5 August 2009
Receipt of £150 for lecture. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 21 October 2009
Receipt of £150 for lecture. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 10 December 2009
Receipt of £150 for lecture. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 10 March 2010
Receipt of £150 for lecture. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 16 March 2010)
Fees from Ipsos MORI
, 79-81 Borough Road, London, SE1 1FY for completing surveys:
Received fee of £150. Hours: 45 mins. (Registered 9 February 2010
BPRI, 24-28 Bloomsbury Way, London WC1A 2PX.
Received £75 for completing a survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 30 November 2009
Received £75for completing a survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 30 March 2010)
Received £75 for completing a survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 2 December 2009)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from