A selection of Peter Kilfoyle's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Peter Kilfoyle’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Peter Kilfoyle’s full vote analysis page for more.
I am sure that we are all extremely pleased to hear Her Majesty’s loyal Opposition defending companies that could end up under the cosh of the Bill’s provisions. Whether it is facilitation payments, or that a company’s efforts to promote its cause in some exotic place are misconstrued—
I have not got to my point yet. I was particularly taken with the Under-Secretary’s comment that she had consulted the CBI. Obviously, we are all gratified that there is such a doughty defender of civil and human rights in this country, never mind elsewhere. During her consultations, did she consult SOCA to determine its view on the Bill, and especially on clause 6?
A terrible shame!
More of Peter Kilfoyle’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Liverpool, Walton
Entered the House of Commons on 4 July 1991 — unknown
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Tram and Light Rail Schemes
- Hedge Funds
- BAE Systems
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Ministry of Defence (28 Jul 1999 to 30 Jan 2000)
- Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office (5 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Peter Kilfoyle’s speeches
- Has received answers to 16 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.74% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 33 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 263 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
6. Overseas visits
2-8 April 2009
, to the Republic of Colombia
for meetings on human rights, talks with government ministers and leaders of Colombian trade unions. All costs were borne by the campaigning organisation Justice for Colombia. (Registered 23 April 2009)
12-19 April 2009, to Syria, to meet government ministers and business leaders. All costs borne by the British Syrian Society
. (Registered 23 April 2009)
Name of donor: 1) All-Party Parliamentary China Group
2) Jiangsu Provincial People's Congress
2) 32 Zhong Shan Beilu, Nanjing 210008, People's Republic of China
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value):
1) £713 (return flights to Shanghai) (from donations previously registered)
2) £700 (includes hotels for 6 nights, meals and coach travel for 6 days.)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from