A selection of Jane Kennedy’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2008.
Consistently voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 10 votes against, 1 absence, between 2003–2007.
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
34 votes for, 1 vote against, 7 absences, between 2006–2009.
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
9 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 1997–2004.
Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensions Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2004–2010.
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 1999–2007.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jane Kennedy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jane Kennedy’s full vote analysis page for more.
In the horrific case of John Paul Massey in my constituency, a focus on the breed disrupted and undermined the partnership that needs to work between a housing association and the police when the public report concerns about the behaviour of dogs. Chipping dogs and encouraging owners to be trained in ownership, not focusing on the breed, is the way forward.
Thank you, Mr. Speaker. It is my swansong too, and I am grateful for your generosity. Has my hon. Friend seen early-day motion 1142? Does he accept that it ought to be a matter of concern to the Government that a decision at Warwick university, which I perfectly understand, is risking the applied science research base in agriculture and horticulture in the UK? It would be very helpful if...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health (1) when he expects to make a decision on the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital's Trust's building project; and if he will make a statement; (2) what recent representations he has received on the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital's Trust's proposed building project; and if he will make a statement.
More of Jane Kennedy’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Liverpool, Wavertree
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Also represented Liverpool Broadgreen
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Liverpool City Council
- Southern Lebanon
- Community Policing: Liverpool
- Four Wheeled-drive Cars
- Community Care
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (13 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Farming and the Environment), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (14 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Minister of State, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs ( 6 Oct 2008 to 14 Oct 2008)
- Financial Secretary, HM Treasury (28 Jun 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Minister of State (Quality and Patient Safety), Department of Health ( 9 Jan 2006 to 8 May 2006)
- Minister of State, Department of Health (11 May 2005 to 9 Jan 2006)
- Minister of State (Work), Department for Work and Pensions ( 1 Apr 2004 to 11 May 2005)
- Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office (11 Jun 2001 to 1 Apr 2004)
- Parliamentary Secretary, Lord Chancellor's Department (11 Oct 1999 to 11 Jun 2001)
- Government Whip (28 Jul 1998 to 11 Oct 1999)
- Assistant Whip ( 6 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.