A selection of Ruth Kelly's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ruth Kelly’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ruth Kelly’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families which local authorities (a) ensure that the full £100 Child Trust Fund annual payments for looked-after children are put in their individual account and (b) have used all or part of these payments for other purposes.
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what assessment he has made of the performance of stakeholder Child Trust Funds managed by the Official Solicitor or Accountant of Court on behalf of looked-after children.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice what percentage of Child Trust Funds managed by the Official Solicitor or Accountant of Court on behalf of looked-after children have been re-allocated to a different provider following concerns about investment performance.
More of Ruth Kelly’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Bolton West
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Schools and Families
- Children in Care: Child Trust Fund
- Child Trust Fund: Children in Care
Other offices held in the past
- Secretary of State, Department for Transport (28 Jun 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Secretary of State, Department for Communities and Local Government (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Secretary of State, Department for Education and Skills (16 Dec 2004 to 8 May 2006)
- Minister of State, Cabinet Office (10 Sep 2004 to 16 Dec 2004)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (28 May 2004 to 19 Oct 2004)
- Financial Secretary, HM Treasury (29 May 2002 to 10 Sep 2004)
- Economic Secretary, HM Treasury (11 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Ruth Kelly’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.82% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 36 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 686 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from