A selection of Ann Keen's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ann Keen’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ann Keen’s full vote analysis page for more.
"Clinical Practice Guidance for the Assessment of Young Women aged 20-24 with Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding" was issued through the Department of Health's GP and Practice Team Bulletin and Chief Nursing Officer's Bulletin in March 2010. The guidance, developed by the independent Advisory Committee on Cervical Screening (ACCS), re-emphasises the importance of pelvic examinations in young women...
Information on all healthcare associated infections (HCAIs) is not collected centrally. The mandatory surveillance system collects data on the following from acute trusts only: methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) bacteraemias; Clostridium difficile infections (CDIs); glycopeptide-resistant enterococci bacteraemias (GREs); and selected orthopaedic surgical site infections...
Statistics on average waiting times between decision to treat and treatment for cancer are not collected centrally. The cancer waiting time standard of a maximum wait of 31 days from decision to treat, to first cancer treatment was introduced for all patients and all treatment modalities from December 2005. Statistics showing overall performance are published on a quarterly basis on the...
More of Ann Keen’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Brentford and Isleworth
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Culture Media and Sport
- Home Department
- International Development
- Jobcentre Plus
- Health Services
- British Consulate (Punjab)
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Health Services), Department of Health (25 Mar 2010 to 11 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Health (10 Jun 2009 to 25 Mar 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Health Services), Department of Health (13 Jul 2007 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Health (28 Jun 2007 to 13 Jul 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Gordon Brown, Chancellor of the Exchequer), HM Treasury (8 Feb 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Gordon Brown, Chancellor of the Exchequer), HM Treasury (10 Nov 2005 to 5 Feb 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Gordon Brown, Chancellor of the Exchequer), HM Treasury (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Ann Keen’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.66% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 25 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 108 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 179 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from