A selection of Alan Keen's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
7 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 1999–2011
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, 5 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 7 absences, between 2010–2011
Has never voted on reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
40 votes for, 1 vote against, 9 absences, between 2006–2011
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alan Keen’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alan Keen’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs how many recommendations she received for the registration of new town and village greens in each of the last 10 years; how many new town and village greens were registered in each such year; and what size the town and village greens were in each case.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what recent representations her Department has received on legislation relating to the registration of new town and village greens; whether she plans to review this legislation; and if she will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs how many applications for the registration of town and village greens were rejected by commons registration authorities in each of the last 10 years.
More of Alan Keen’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Feltham and Heston
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 13 November 2011 — Died
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005
Topics of interest
- Schools and Families
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Aircraft Emissions/Noise
- Aircraft Noise
- New Millennium Experience Company
- Vocational Education
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media & Sport Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Culture, Media & Sport Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Alan Keen’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 28.68% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 87 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from