A selection of Martyn Jones's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
9 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 1997–2004
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2004–2010
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 1999–2007
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Almost always voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 9 votes against, 1 absence, between 2003–2007
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
40 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2006–2009
We have lots more plain English analysis of Martyn Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Martyn Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
What recent discussions he has had with the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions on support for pensioners in Wales.
As my right hon. Friend has said, I shall, sadly, be standing down at the next election and beginning my retirement in Wales. Far more sadly, I shall shortly be staring the state pension age in the face; I know that that is hard to believe. Will my right hon. Friend ensure that the real benefits enjoyed by pensioners in Wales are maintained, especially winter fuel payments?
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer (1) how many (a) banks and (b) building societies have used the provisions of the Dormant Bank and Building Society Accounts Act 2008 to transfer funds into the Big Lottery Fund for good causes; (2) how much money has been transferred to the Big Lottery Fund for distribution to good causes under the provisions of the Dormant Bank and Building...
More of Martyn Jones’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Clwyd South
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Also represented Clwyd South West
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Dormant Accounts
- Departmental Policies (Clwyd
- Firearms Consultative Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Liaison Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Chairman, Welsh Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Martyn Jones’s speeches
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 77.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 34 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 182 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from