A selection of Lynne Jones's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
32 votes for, 2 votes against, 8 absences, between 2006–2009
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2010
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 1999–2007
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
7 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2003–2007
Generally voted against university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 2 votes against, 7 absences, in 2004
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lynne Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lynne Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Humankind is borrowing from the earth's capital at a rate that threatens the very viability of our planet. Although we do not yet have an agreed currency for the environmental deficit, does the Secretary of State agree that tackling that deficit is as vital as tackling the fiscal deficit? How are we doing in this country in meeting Lord Stern's recommendation that we should have a carbon...
The hon. Gentleman mentioned the slight increase in inequality, but that is largely due to the huge increases in the highest rates of pay. What would the next Conservative Government do, were they to be elected? Hopefully, they will not be elected. Would they support a high pay commission, for example?
The hon. Gentleman should not take great comfort from my remarks on Hall Green.
More of Lynne Jones’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Birmingham, Selly Oak
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Identity Cards
- Mental Health
- Asylum Seekers
- National Identity Register
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Lynne Jones’s speeches
- Has received answers to 136 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.34% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 21 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 57 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 308 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
6. Overseas visits
14-16 March 2009
to Damascus, Syria
with a delegation of British and Irish parliamentarians, financed by The European Campaign to End the Siege on Gaza. (Registered 17 June 2009
Name of donor: The European Campaign to End the Siege on Gaza
Address of donor: 100H Crown House, North Circular Road, London NW10 7PN
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £1145
Destination of visit: Gaza via Egypt
Purpose of visit: Parliamentary delegation from UK
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from