Helen Jones’s voting in Parliament
Helen Jones is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Helen Jones sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Helen Jones generally voted against introducing foundation hospitals, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Helen Jones generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Helen Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Helen Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Helen Jones has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
e-petitions 206568, 210497 and 201416 relating to family visitor visas – Helen Jones.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many doctors from India with job offers at Warrington & Halton NHS Trust have (a) applied for and (b) been granted visas in the past 12 months.
Warrington desperately needs a new hospital to replace its old, out-of-date buildings, so in allocating future capital funding will the Secretary of State bear in mind the levels of health deprivation that exist in the area, and will he ensure that any new hospital is accessible to those in my constituency, which has areas that are among the most health deprived in the borough?
More of Helen Jones’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Warrington North
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Helen Jones campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Education and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Mersey Regional Ambulance Service
- Strokes: Health Services
- Cheshire and Merseyside SHA
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Chair, Petitions Committee (since 12 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (20 Jul 2015 to 7 Nov 2016)
- Chair, Petitions Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (11 Jun 2009 to 13 Oct 2010)
- Government Whip (10 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (5 Oct 2008 to 9 Jun 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Dawn Primarolo, Minister of State), Department of Health (28 Jun 2007 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 26 Nov 2007)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (20 Oct 2003 to 8 Nov 2007)
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (24 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) (17 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Education Sub-committee (14 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Education & Employment Committee (13 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (1 Jun 1999 to 1 Jun 2000)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (3 Feb 1998 to 9 Feb 2000)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Helen Jones’s speeches
- Has received answers to 113 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.68% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 116 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Helen Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 448 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Jun 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments received from Biteback Publishing, West Tower, 3 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7S:
21 June 2017
, received £135 in royalties for a book. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 5 July 2017; updated 4 January 2018
28 December 2017
, received £111.42 in royalties for a book. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 04 January 2018)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Warrington North Parliamentary Association
Address of donor: 28 Lyndale Avenue, Orford WA2 8EP
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,004.60
Donor status: unincorporated association
(Registered 05 July 2017)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my husband, Mike Vobe, as Senior Parliamentary Assistant.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from