Helen Jones’s voting in Parliament
Helen Jones is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Helen Jones sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Helen Jones generally voted against introducing foundation hospitals, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Helen Jones generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Helen Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Helen Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
There is very little for me to say, except to thank my hon. Friend the Member for South Shields (Mrs Lewell-Buck) for her contribution. I listened carefully to the Minister’s detailed response, and thank him for it. No doubt we will discuss the matter at length on other occasions. In the meantime, may I say what a pleasure it has been to chair the Petitions Committee and that I wish...
I beg to move, That this House has considered e-petition 172405 relating to GCSE English Literature exams. It is a great pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mrs Main, for the last Petitions Committee debate of this Parliament. I must confess that when I saw the petition, I had mixed feelings. English is my subject: it was what I was most interested in at school, I read English at...
More of Helen Jones’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Warrington North
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Helen Jones campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Education and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Mersey Regional Ambulance Service
- Strokes: Health Services
- Cheshire and Merseyside SHA
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (20 Jul 2015 to 7 Nov 2016)
- Chair, Petitions Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (11 Jun 2009 to 13 Oct 2010)
- Government Whip (10 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (5 Oct 2008 to 9 Jun 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Dawn Primarolo, Minister of State), Department of Health (28 Jun 2007 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 26 Nov 2007)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (20 Oct 2003 to 8 Nov 2007)
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (24 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) (17 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Education Sub-committee (14 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Education & Employment Committee (13 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (1 Jun 1999 to 1 Jun 2000)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (3 Feb 1998 to 9 Feb 2000)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
11 January 2017
, received £942.49 in royalties from Biteback Publishing, West Tower, 3 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7SP, for a book. Hours: impossible to estimate. (Registered 17 January 2017)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my husband, Mike Vobe, as Senior Parliamentary Assistant.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from