A selection of Brian Iddon's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
41 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2006–2009
Voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2007
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
8 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 1997–2004
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2004–2010
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
7 votes for, 1 vote against, between 1999–2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Brian Iddon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Brian Iddon’s full vote analysis page for more.
There are now more than 250 climate change agreements with the chemical industry. Has my right hon. Friend calculated the impact of next year's reduction in the subsidy on the climate change levy from 80 to 65 per cent. in respect of the energy-intensive industries?
Over the past few weeks, many people have been saying that mephedrone is killing young people, yet the evidence shows that the young people who are using it-I would not advise them to use it at all, frankly-are often using other drugs as well. Until the coroners' reports have been published, we cannot say whether mephedrone killed Fred Bloggs or not. We have to wait for those reports. The...
Is the hon. Gentleman aware that the UK Drug Policy Commission made a category X proposal some time ago?
More of Brian Iddon’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Bolton South East
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Education and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- Consultation Documents
- Science Strategy
- Food Supplements
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Commons Science and Technology Committee (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Innovation, Universities, Science and Skills Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 20 Aug 2008)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Brian Iddon’s speeches
- Has received answers to 37 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.43% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 38 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 331 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from