We don't know whether Lindsay Hoyle campaigned to leave, or stay in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Lindsay Hoyle’s voting in Parliament
Lindsay Hoyle is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Lindsay Hoyle sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Lindsay Hoyle generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Lindsay Hoyle generally voted against greater regulation of gambling, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lindsay Hoyle’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lindsay Hoyle’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
Order. Many Members want to get in. I cannot have everybody clapping, otherwise we will not get to the end—there are too many good speeches.
Order. May I suggest to all Members that they speak for up to nine minutes? If everyone can do that, everyone will have an equal amount of time.
Order. I do not think we will go down that path.
More of Lindsay Hoyle’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Chorley
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Official Cars
- Forensic Science Service
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (since 20 Jul 2015)
- Chair, Panel of Chairs (since 4 Jun 2015)
- Chairman of Ways and Means (since 3 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (30 Mar 2015 to 4 Jun 2015)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Panel of Chairs (8 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chairman of Ways and Means (8 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (1 Oct 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Sep 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (28 Jun 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Catering Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (19 Feb 1998 to 8 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 127 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Lindsay Hoyle’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 0.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 44 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 134 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lindsay Hoyle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 590 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from