Before we come to the petitions, I would just like to say that I am losing many friends in this House who are stepping down. I say to Members on all sides that you have been great parliamentarians. I will not name you all—that is for others to do—but I thank you for the privilege of working with you. I wish you well for the future. My door is open if you ever need to come back. Please...
May I suggest that the shadow Leader of the House and the Leader of the House split their speaking time accordingly?
I call David Hanson.
More of Lindsay Hoyle’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Chorley
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 6 November 2019 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
We don't know whether Lindsay Hoyle campaigned to leave, or stay in the European Union
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Official Cars
- Forensic Science Service
Other offices held in the past
- Speaker of the House of Commons (4 Nov 2019 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Chair, Standing Orders Committee (1 Nov 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (30 Oct 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Chair, Panel of Chairs (28 Jun 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Panel of Chairs (4 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chairman of Ways and Means (3 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Panel of Chairs (8 Jun 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Deputy Speaker and Chairman of Ways and Means (8 Jun 2010 to 4 Nov 2019)
- Chairman of Ways and Means (8 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (1 Oct 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Sep 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (28 Jun 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Catering Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (19 Feb 1998 to 8 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 143 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Lindsay Hoyle’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 0.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 108 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 684 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)