Lindsay Hoyle’s voting in Parliament
Lindsay Hoyle is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Lindsay Hoyle sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Lindsay Hoyle generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Lindsay Hoyle generally voted against greater regulation of gambling, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lindsay Hoyle’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lindsay Hoyle’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2017
Will the Serjeant at Arms please investigate the blockage in the No Lobby? The House divided: Ayes 129, Noes 42.
Order. Let me help. The hon. Lady has other colleagues who want to speak, and she has been speaking for probably 12 minutes. Please, we need to get other Members in as well.
We won’t be able to listen to anything if hon. Members carry on for that long.
More of Lindsay Hoyle’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Chorley
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
We don't know whether Lindsay Hoyle campaigned to leave, or stay in the European Union
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Official Cars
- Forensic Science Service
Currently held offices
- Chair, Standing Orders Committee (since 1 Nov 2017)
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Chair, Panel of Chairs (since 28 Jun 2017)
- Deputy Speaker and Chairman of Ways and Means (since 8 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Panel of Chairs (4 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chairman of Ways and Means (3 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Panel of Chairs (8 Jun 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Chairman of Ways and Means (8 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (1 Oct 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Sep 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (28 Jun 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Catering Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (19 Feb 1998 to 8 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 129 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Lindsay Hoyle’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 0.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 45 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lindsay Hoyle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 618 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Mar 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the union
Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TU.
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £6,000, received via the national Labour Party
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 07 July 2017
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Catherine Hoyle, as part-time Constituency
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from