A selection of Geoff Hoon's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 1999–2007
Voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2010
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 1997–2004
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
40 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2006–2009
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 4 votes against, 3 absences, between 2003–2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Geoff Hoon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Geoff Hoon’s full vote analysis page for more.
The Department for Transport has only started to hold separate records for late payment of commercial debts since 2008-09. The interest cost for this year was £84,000. Information for the previous two years could be provided only at a disproportionate cost as the interest charge are not held separately for those years. The following agencies have not paid interest charges in the last three...
The flexible benefits business plan is a confidential document so it would not be appropriate for it to be placed in the House Library. However, we estimate that the level of take-up required to break even with the scheme is about 2 per cent. over three years.
Information on breaches of security for the last five years for Department for Transport Agencies is not held centrally. The Department and its agencies report all significant personal data security breaches to the Cabinet Office and the ICO. Information on personal data security breaches is published on an annual basis in the Department's annual resource accounts as was announced in the Data...
More of Geoff Hoon’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Ashfield
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Other offices held in the past
- Secretary of State, Department for Transport (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Chief Whip (28 Jun 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Minister of State (Europe), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Chairman, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 16 May 2006)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 1 Nov 2005)
- Lord Privy Seal (11 May 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Secretary of State, Ministry of Defence (11 Oct 1999 to 11 May 2005)
- Minister of State, Foreign & Commonwealth Office (17 May 1999 to 11 Oct 1999)
- Minister of State, Lord Chancellor's Department (28 Jul 1998 to 17 May 1999)
- Parliamentary Secretary, Lord Chancellor's Department (5 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Geoff Hoon’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 24 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1739 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: Silverstone Circuits Limited
Address of donor : Silverstone, Northamptonshire
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: tickets and hospitality for my wife and me at the British Grand Prix 2009 on 21 June 2009
, value £2,139.
Date of receipt of donation: 21 June 2009
Date of acceptance of donation: 21 June 2009
Donor status: company
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from