A selection of Keith Hill's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, between 2003–2007
Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensions
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
40 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2006–2009
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 1997–2004
We have lots more plain English analysis of Keith Hill’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Keith Hill’s full vote analysis page for more.
I mean it when I say that it is an honour to speak my final words in this Chamber, and indeed the House, under your chairmanship, Mr. Howarth. Four weeks and three days ago, on Sunday 7 March, I was in Iraq as an election monitor for Iraq's second set of parliamentary elections since the overthrow of Saddam Hussein in 2003. My election observation took place in the Kurdish city of Dohuk,...
I am grateful to the hon. Gentleman for that intervention, and for his exceptionally kind words. We are close constituency neighbours in south-west London. The answer to his precise question is yes. The matter of direct air flights from the UK to the Kurdish region was raised with me, specifically flights to Erbil. The hon. Gentleman may be aware that Austrian Airlines has three direct...
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions if she will set out, with statistical evidence relating as closely as possible to Streatham constituency, the effects on that constituency of changes to her Department's policies since 1997.
More of Keith Hill’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Streatham
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- International Development
- HIV Infection
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Tony Blair, Prime Minister), Prime Minister's Office (10 Nov 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Minister of State (Housing and Planning), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (13 Jun 2003 to 11 May 2005)
- Deputy Chief Whip (11 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions (28 Jul 1999 to 11 Jun 2001)
- Assistant Whip (28 Jul 1998 to 28 Jul 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Keith Hill’s speeches
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 178 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 495 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from