A selection of John Heppell's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
11 votes for, 0 votes against, between 1997–2004
Almost always voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 9 votes against, between 2003–2007
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 1999–2007
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2004–2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of John Heppell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit John Heppell’s full vote analysis page for more.
I beg to move, That this House do now adjourn.
I beg to move.
I shall be brief, as I recognise that the subject has been debated for almost a year. For anyone to pretend now that we have not heard all the arguments and that we need to produce details is nonsense. I do not need to produce any evidence of what is happening in Nottingham in order to make a decision. Unlike the hon. Members for Shipley (Philip Davies) and for Christchurch (Mr. Chope), I...
More of John Heppell’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Nottingham East
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Queen's Speech
- Bilateral Cochlear Implant
- Child Support Agency
- Departmental Spending
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, East Midlands Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (27 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 10 Aug 2009)
- Member, Selection Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 9 Oct 2008)
- Government Whip (11 May 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Selection Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Government Whip (12 Jun 2001 to 11 May 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all John Heppell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 84.78% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 63 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 136 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from