Oliver Heald’s voting in Parliament
Oliver Heald is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Oliver Heald’s votes.
Almost always voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 13 votes against, 2 absences, between 2011–2016
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2004–2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
7 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2003–2016
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Generally voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 5 absences, between 1999–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Oliver Heald’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Oliver Heald’s full vote analysis page for more.
Oliver Heald has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
We are committed to upholding the principle of open justice as we digitise the courts and tribunals service. In parallel with the development of the IT solution and business processes we are looking at a range of public access options for lists of cases and exploring safe ways for SJP results to be made available digitally. In the meantime, HMCTS will continue to publish lists of SJP cases...
As I said in my reply to the hon. gentleman’s earlier question answered on the 28 March, the Government has not made an assessment of the use of voice recorders or body cameras for bailiffs.
This information is not held centrally.
More of Oliver Heald’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for North East Hertfordshire
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Hertfordshire North
Topics of interest
Oliver Heald campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Constitutional Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Duchy of Lancaster
- Cabinet Office
- Mental Health
- Departmental Internet
- Departments: Manpower
- Departmental Consultants
- Departmental Information Officers
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Justice (since 16 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, House of Commons Governance Committee (16 Oct 2014 to 17 Dec 2014)
- The Solicitor-General (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Draft House of Lords Reform Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Jun 2011 to 26 Mar 2012)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 15 Oct 2012)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 12 Dec 2012)
- Member, Committee of Selection (26 Oct 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (22 Oct 2007 to 29 Oct 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Justice) (15 Jun 2004 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (9 Dec 2003 to 13 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons (1 Jun 2003 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Cabinet Minister (Work and Pensions) (1 Jun 2002 to 1 Jun 2003)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Jun 2001 to 1 Jun 2002)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (1 Jun 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Administration Committee (22 Jun 1998 to 21 Feb 2000)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 1997 to 1 Jun 2000)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Social Security) (6 Jul 1995 to 2 May 1997)
- Member, Employment Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 31 Oct 1994)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Oliver Heald’s speeches
- Has received answers to 10 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.51% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 85 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Oliver Heald’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1071 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Apr 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
From 1 June 2015
until 16 July 2016
, strategic adviser for Weightmans LLP
, Peat House, 1 Waterloo Way, Leicester LE1 6LP. I received £15,000 a year in return for 60 hours' work. I consulted ACoBA about this appointment. (Registered 04 June 2015; updated 22 July 2016)
Barrister (not currently in practice). (Registered 22 July 2016)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from