Alan Haselhurst campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Alan Haselhurst’s voting in Parliament
Alan Haselhurst is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Alan Haselhurst’s votes.
Generally voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Generally voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alan Haselhurst’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alan Haselhurst’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alan Haselhurst has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what plans he has for the implementation of the Teaching Excellence Framework.
Does my right hon. Friend accept that even if he had been able to make an announcement on this subject today, the earliest that extra runway capacity could be provided would be 2023, and at worst probably 2030? Does that not point up the need to improve connectivity to Stansted, which is the only airport in the London area with the capacity to deal with the strain of extra demand?
Has my right hon. Friend’s Department made any assessment of the potential for aircraft types such as the Boeing 787 and the A350, which can fly greater distances point to point, to provide opportunities for Manchester and Birmingham aircrafts, demonstrating that there are more ways of doing business in this country than landing in London?
More of Alan Haselhurst’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Saffron Walden
Entered the House of Commons on 18 June 1970 — General election
Party was Deputy Speaker until 11 Apr 2005; Conservative until 16 May 2005; Deputy Speaker until 12 Apr 2010
Also represented Middleton and Prestwich
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Transport
- Leader of the House
- Overseas Students: Scholarships
- Stansted Airport
- London Airports: Night Flying
- London Airports: Passengers
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance Committee (since 20 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (27 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Administration Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 27 Jul 2010)
- Deputy Speaker (25 May 2010 to 8 Jun 2010)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (25 Mar 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chairman of Ways and Means (1 May 1997 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Legislation Sub-Committee on Roads Safety Competence (18 Nov 1993 to 8 Nov 1995)
- Member, Transport Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (28 May 1982 to 21 Mar 1997)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: LPA
Address of donor: Light & Power House, Shire Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB11 3AQ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: ticket and hospitality for Test Match
at the Oval on 22 August 2015
; estimated value £300-£400
Date received: 22 August 2015
Date accepted: 22 August 2015
Donor status: company, registration no 686429
(Registered 14 September 2015
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
My daughter Emma Haselhurst (Mrs. G. Collins) is a Director of Blue Rubicon Ltd. (Registered 03 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from