Harriet Harman campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Harriet Harman’s voting in Parliament
Harriet Harman is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Harriet Harman sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Harriet Harman generally voted against greater regulation of gambling, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
Harriet Harman generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Harriet Harman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Harriet Harman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Harriet Harman has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, when she plans to Answer Question 49066, tabled on 18 October 2016 by the right hon. Member for Camberwell and Peckham, on the use of compainants' previous sexual history in rape cases.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, whether he has had discussions with Govia Thameslink Railway on the proposed timetable changes to services from Denmark Hill station from 2018.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what information her Department holds on the potential financial effect of the proposed changes in the level of per pupil funding on schools in Camberwell and Peckham constituency in each year until 2020-21.
More of Harriet Harman’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Camberwell and Peckham
Entered the House of Commons on 28 October 1982 — unknown
Also represented Peckham; Southwark Peckham
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Culture Media and Sport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department for Culture Media and Sport
- Overseas Aid
- Housing Benefit: Social Rented Housing
- London Bridge Station
- Kids Company: Finance
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 29 Oct 2015)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (since 29 Oct 2015)
- Chair, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (since 29 Oct 2015)
- Chair, Parliamentary Labour Party (since 7 Oct 2011)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 29 Oct 2015)
- Acting Leader of the Labour Party (8 May 2015 to 12 Sep 2015)
- Leader of the Labour Party (8 May 2015 to 12 Sep 2015)
- Leader of Her Majesty's Official Opposition (8 May 2015 to 12 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (7 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Deputy Leader of the Labour Party (25 Sep 2010 to 8 May 2015)
- Shadow Deputy Prime Minister and Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (25 Sep 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Leader of the Labour Party (12 May 2010 to 25 Sep 2010)
- Acting Leader of the Opposition (12 May 2010 to 25 Sep 2010)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (28 Oct 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Government Equalities Office) (12 Oct 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Chair, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (10 Oct 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (26 Jul 2007 to 10 Oct 2007)
- Member, Members Estimate Committee (28 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Deputy Leader of the Labour Party (28 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Party Chair, Labour Party (28 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- The Leader of the House of Commons (28 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Justice (9 May 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Minister of State (Department of Constitutional Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 8 May 2007)
- Solicitor General (Law Officers) (11 Jun 2001 to 10 May 2005)
- Secretary of State for Social Security and Minister for Women (1 May 1997 to 27 Jul 1998)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (1 Jul 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Health (1 Jul 1995 to 1 Jul 1996)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (22 Jul 1994 to 1 Jul 1995)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Jul 1993 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (20 Jul 1992 to 22 Jul 1994)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Jun 1987 to 1 Jun 1992)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (1 Jun 1984 to 1 Jun 1987)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 21 Nov 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Contract with Allen Lane, The Penguin Press, a publishing division
of Penguin Books Ltd, 80, Strand, London WC2R 0RL, through Aitken Alexander Associates Ltd, 291 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8QJ. (Registered 15 March 2016
18 February 2016
, received £10,250 for working on a book between 27 September 2015
and 20 February 2016. Hours: 147 hrs (1 hr per day). (Registered 15 March 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Part ownership of house in Suffolk: (i).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from