A selection of Mike Hancock's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Hancock’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Hancock’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, whether HM Revenue and Customs has made special arrangements with English Premier League clubs about their tax affairs.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what information HM Revenue and Customs holds on the number of football players in the English Premier League who pay no tax in the UK from their earnings.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how much was raised by his Department from the sale of the former Kingston Prison site in Portsmouth.
More of Mike Hancock’s recent appearances
Former Independent MP for Portsmouth South
Entered the House of Commons on 14 June 1984 — unknown
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Party was Liberal Democrat until 2 Jun 2013
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Animal Experiments
- Parliamentary Questions
- Retirement Age
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (26 Jun 2001 to 11 Jul 2014)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (6 Apr 2000 to 5 Apr 2001)
- Member, Defence Committee (1 Feb 1999 to 24 Oct 2011)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (16 Jul 1997 to 5 May 1999)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (3 Apr 1997 to 1 Apr 1999)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (21 Nov 1986 to 16 Mar 1987)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (21 Nov 1986 to 16 Mar 1987)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Mike Hancock’s speeches
- Has received answers to 96 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 36.98% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 76 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 424 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from