Fabian Hamilton’s voting in Parliament
Fabian Hamilton is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Fabian Hamilton sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Fabian Hamilton generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Fabian Hamilton generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Fabian Hamilton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Fabian Hamilton’s full vote analysis page for more.
Fabian Hamilton has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
I am sure that the Secretary of State agrees that our defence industry needs certainty and stability from the Government so that it can plan its operations appropriately, but the Opposition believe that the Government’s dogged insistence on dragging us out of the customs union and the single market during the transition period is having the opposite effect. Is it not time that we put...
When challenged about his recent “clear the dead bodies” remarks, the Foreign Secretary said that his only critics were those with “no knowledge or understanding of Libya.” Can he therefore respond to Guma el-Gamaty, the head of the Libyan Taghyeer party, who said: “Libyans fought and died fighting Islamic State in Sirte…Many remain where they fell…It...
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairship, Ms Buck. We have had a number of debates on this important issue and I congratulate the right hon. Member for Chipping Barnet (Theresa Villiers) on securing and introducing this one. It is another opportunity to ensure that the abuses of human rights in general and of the human rights of our own citizens—the dual nationals in...
More of Fabian Hamilton’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Leeds North East
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Fabian Hamilton campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Departmental Pay
- Data Protection
- RAF Menwith Hill
- Telephone Services
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (since 10 Oct 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (since 10 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (7 Jan 2016 to 4 Jul 2016)
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (1 Oct 2015 to 27 Jan 2016)
- Chair, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (14 Jul 2015 to 1 Oct 2015)
- Member, International Development Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 8 Feb 2016)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (25 Jun 2015 to 11 Jan 2016)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (24 Jun 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, International Development Committee (4 Feb 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Political and Constitutional Reform Committee (8 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Mar 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (28 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Fabian Hamilton’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 162 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Fabian Hamilton’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 124 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
Name of donor: HM Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: Gibraltar House, 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights and accommodation with a value of £900
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Dates of visit: 9-11 September 2017
Purpose of visit: To attend the 50th Anniversary of Gibraltar Day.
(Registered 19 September 2017)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my spouse, Rosemary Hamilton, as a part time caseworker. (Registered 30 January 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from