A selection of Fabian Hamilton's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 5 votes against, 6 absences, between 2011–2016
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 1999–2016
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
1 vote for, 30 votes against, 23 absences, between 2014–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
9 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 1997–2016
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Fabian Hamilton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Fabian Hamilton’s full vote analysis page for more.
I thank the Minister for giving way because I realise that time is short. I spoke earlier about Icesave and the £50,000 maximum compensation ceiling. Those who lost money with Icesave and other collapsed banks in 2008 received up to £50,000. Given that most of the investments in Equitable Life totalled around £45,000, will the Minister consider looking at those particular...
It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Harrow East (Bob Blackman), with whom I have worked for the past few years as—I should declare this—the co-chair of the all-party group on justice for Equitable Life policyholders. I am very sad that after so many years of debating this issue in this House, we are back once again talking about the continuing losses suffered by...
Indeed, I do agree, and I will go on to say something about that, but there is also a third dimension, which is that we have a moral duty to ensure that the Equitable Life policyholders are compensated. How have we arrived at this situation at this point in time, 17 years after Equitable closed its doors to new investors, and seven years after the previous Government promised to ensure that...
More of Fabian Hamilton’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Leeds North East
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Fabian Hamilton campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Departmental Pay
- Data Protection
- RAF Menwith Hill
- Telephone Services
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (10 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (10 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (7 Jan 2016 to 4 Jul 2016)
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (1 Oct 2015 to 27 Jan 2016)
- Chair, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (14 Jul 2015 to 1 Oct 2015)
- Member, International Development Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 8 Feb 2016)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (25 Jun 2015 to 11 Jan 2016)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (24 Jun 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, International Development Committee (4 Feb 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Political and Constitutional Reform Committee (8 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Mar 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (28 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Fabian Hamilton’s speeches
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 61.03% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 158 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 119 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from