Fabian Hamilton’s voting in Parliament
Fabian Hamilton is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Fabian Hamilton sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Fabian Hamilton generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Fabian Hamilton generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Fabian Hamilton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Fabian Hamilton’s full vote analysis page for more.
Fabian Hamilton has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Can the Minister of State tell me what clause in UN resolution 2216 provides for Saudi Arabia to bomb captive inmates in a Houthi-run prison in Yemen or for the United Arab Emirates to kill forces loyal to the President that their own coalition is supposed to be there to reinstall? If the answer is that there is none, is it not time for him to bring forward a new UN resolution to replace...
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what steps his Department is taking to help eradicate polio in (a) Afghanistan and (b) Pakistan.
I thank the Foreign Secretary for giving me advance sight of his statement. Let me start by passing on the apologies of the shadow Foreign Secretary, my right hon. Friend the Member for Islington South and Finsbury (Emily Thornberry), that she cannot be here to respond herself, but as many will know, she is still at home recovering from the injuries she received after being knocked off her...
More of Fabian Hamilton’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Leeds North East
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Fabian Hamilton campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Ministry of Defence
- Departmental Pay
- Data Protection
- RAF Menwith Hill
- Telephone Services
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (since 10 Oct 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (since 10 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (7 Jan 2016 to 4 Jul 2016)
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (1 Oct 2015 to 27 Jan 2016)
- Chair, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (14 Jul 2015 to 1 Oct 2015)
- Member, International Development Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 8 Feb 2016)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (25 Jun 2015 to 11 Jan 2016)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (24 Jun 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, International Development Committee (4 Feb 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Political and Constitutional Reform Committee (8 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Mar 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (28 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Sep 2019.
Name of donor: Crystal Fund
Address of donor: 5 Marjanishivili Street, Tbilisi 0102, Georgia
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation, local travel, interpreting and food, with a total value of £3,142.68
Destination of visit: Tbilisi and South Ossetia
Dates of visit: 27 - 29 September 2018
Purpose of visit: In my role as Shadow Minister
for Peace and Disarmament to discuss the ‘frozen conflicts’ in South Ossetia and Abkhazia with Members of Parliament, Government Ministers and Civil Society
organisations; to meet refugees; and to visit the border with South Ossetia.
(Registered 08 October 2018)
Name of donor: Lebanese Parliament
Address of donor: Beirut, Down Town, Nejmeh Square, Lebanon
Estimate of probable value, or amount of any donation: Flights costing £273; accommodation, food and transport in Lebanon costing £397.45; £670.45 in total
Destination of visit: Lebanon
Dates of visit: 7 - 10 November 2018
Purpose of visit: Fact-finding visit organised by All Party Parliamentary Group
(Registered 07 December 2018)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my spouse, Rosemary Hamilton, as a part time caseworker. (Registered 30 January 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)