Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
A selection of Patrick Hall's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
11 votes for, 0 votes against, between 1997–2004
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 1999–2007
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
9 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2003–2007
Voted a mixture of for and against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, in 2007
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2004–2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Patrick Hall’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Patrick Hall’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Minister of State, Department for Transport whether the introduction of new Thameslink rolling stock is dependent upon the establishment of new train maintenance depots.
To ask the Minister of State, Department for Transport what assessment he has made of the merits of building new train maintenance depots for Thameslink stations at different locations.
To ask the Minister of State, Department for Transport what discussions his Department has had with (a) Network Rail, (b) train operating companies and (c) local authorities on new train maintenance depots for the new Thameslink rolling stock.
More of Patrick Hall’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Bedford
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- International Development
- Trade and Industry
- Post Office
- Yarl's Wood
- Thameslink Railway Line: Rolling Stock
- Renal Services
Other offices held in the past
- Member, East of England Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Caroline Flint, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (30 Dec 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Patrick Hall’s speeches
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.52% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 90 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from