A selection of Mike Hall's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 1999–2007
Generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, between 2003–2007
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2004–2010
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
11 votes for, 0 votes against, between 1997–2004
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
37 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2006–2009
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Hall’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Hall’s full vote analysis page for more.
I welcome the Flood and Water Management Bill. I am pleased that it will receive a Second Reading this evening and I hope it is not long before it is on the statute book. At this moment in time, the eyes of the world are rightly focused on Copenhagen and the world climate change summit. I hope that we can decide on substantial and sustainable reductions on carbon emissions this weekend. I...
I am grateful for my hon. Friend's intervention. I am about to address his point about the water companies' introduction of the concessionary scheme. I hope that confirmation will be put on record during the wind-ups that the Government envisage that the community groups covered by the Bill will include guide associations and village halls, because it is important that they are included in...
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has introduced car parking charges at the Victoria infirmary, Northwich. After the first 20 minutes, patients and visitors now have to pay £3 for parking. The Victoria infirmary is the only public facility in Northwich that charges for car parking, and I congratulate Gina Bebbington and the Northwich Guardian on their campaign against those...
More of Mike Hall’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Weaver Vale
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Also represented Warrington South
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Education and Skills
- Trade and Industry
- NHS Logistics
- NHS Supplies Service
- Ministerial Travel
- Education Standards
- Research Councils
Other offices held in the past
- PPS (Rt Hon Jack Straw, Lord Chancellor), Ministry of Justice (27 Nov 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- Member, Culture, Media & Sport Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon John Reid, Secretary of State), Department of Health (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Assistant Whip (28 Jul 1998 to 11 Jun 2001)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Mike Hall’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 82.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 106 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from