Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
A selection of John Grogan's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
81 votes for, 6 votes against, 9 absences, between 2006–2019
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 1999–2007
Generally voted against university tuition fees Show votes
7 votes for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 1997–2017
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2008–2019
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
11 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2003–2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of John Grogan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit John Grogan’s full vote analysis page for more.
It is a great pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Harrogate and Knaresborough (Andrew Jones), a fellow Member of Parliament from Yorkshire. He made a very knowledgeable speech. Indeed, it was a statesmanlike speech, following the statesmanlike speech by my hon. Friend the Member for Hyndburn (Graham P. Jones), whom I congratulate on securing the debate. I am a relative newcomer to this...
Why, under a Conservative Government, was Airedale Hospital’s £22 million bid for renewal of the ward block turned down? Is it not time that the Government adopted the suggestion of NHS Providers of a far larger multi-year capital programme for the NHS, with decisions based on need?
More of John Grogan’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Keighley
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 6 November 2019 — Dissolved for election
Also represented Selby
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Culture Media and Sport
- Departmental Contracts
- Skipton-Colne Railway Line
- NHS Trusts: Subsidiary Companies
- A69: Greenhead
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (20 Nov 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (28 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all John Grogan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 34 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 82.94% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 289 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Nov 2019.
Name of donor: Mongolian British Chamber of Commerce
Address of donor: 14 Old Queen Street, London SW1H 9HP
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights with a value of £785.92
Destination of visit: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Dates of visit: 24 -27 January 2019
Purpose of visit: As Chair of the APPG
on Mongolia, to attend and speak at the Mongolian British Chamber of Commerce Burns Supper.
(Registered 18 March 2019)
Unremunerated Director of the Mongolian-British Chamber of Commerce. (Registered 05 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)