John Grogan’s voting in Parliament
John Grogan is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, John Grogan sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
John Grogan consistently voted against a lower voting age, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
John Grogan consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
John Grogan generally voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests, while most Labour MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
John Grogan generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
John Grogan generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of John Grogan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit John Grogan’s full vote analysis page for more.
John Grogan has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
I welcome today’s announcement about carbon capture and storage. Should I tell the regional dinner of the Yorkshire and Humber CBI, meeting in Leeds tonight, that there is fresh hope for the most ambitious carbon capture and storage project ever in this country—the White Rose pipeline project, which is backed by many in God’s own county?
The Secretary of State has placed some emphasis on the roll-out of smart meters by 2020. How does he react to the figures published in The Daily Telegraph over the summer revealing that in the case of some companies, fewer than one in five consumers were accepting the offer of a smart meter?
More of John Grogan’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Keighley
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Selby
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Culture Media and Sport
- Departmental Contracts
- A69: Greenhead
- Defence Fire Service
- Large Combustion Plants Directive
- Forensic Science Service
Currently held offices
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (28 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all John Grogan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 18 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Grogan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 237 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from