A selection of Paul Goggins's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Paul Goggins’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Paul Goggins’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education what arrangements he is making to extend the provision of foster care up to age 21.
One issue that merits greater consideration than the half page given by the commission is the proposal for a temporary exemption from air passenger duty for new long-haul routes from airports outside London. Such an exemption would help airports such as Manchester to develop new routes to China. Will the Secretary of State make sure that this idea stays on the table?
The Secretary of State indicated earlier that he was planning a consultation on mesothelioma victims. Does he accept that the review that his Department recently carried out simply did not fulfil the requirements of section 48 of the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012?
More of Paul Goggins’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Wythenshawe and Sale East
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 7 January 2014 — Died
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Blood: Contamination
- Skipton Fund
- Identity Cards
- Children In Care
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office (28 Jun 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Northern Ireland Office (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (17 Jun 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Correctional Services and Reducing Re-offending), Home Office (11 May 2005 to 17 Jun 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (13 May 2003 to 11 May 2005)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 61 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Paul Goggins’s speeches
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Responsiveness to messages sent via WriteToThem.com in 2014: Too little data for valid analysis.
- Has voted in 72.69% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 92 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 558 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from