We need your help
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
If everyone who visited TheyWorkForYou donated just £1, we’d reach our crowdfunding target in less than 3 days.
A selection of Roger Godsiff's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, 7 absences, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2007–2016
Generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 8 votes against, 6 absences, between 2003–2016
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 1999–2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
44 votes for, 21 votes against, 80 absences, between 2006–2019
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Roger Godsiff’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Roger Godsiff’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what progress has been made in ensuring that medical cannabis containing THC is available on the NHS for patients whom clinicians deem it clinically appropriate to prescribe it to.
To ask the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office, if he will publish the (a) information he holds on the effect on disadvantaged communities of the UK leaving the EU without a deal and (b) plans he has in place to mitigate that effect.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what recent assessment he has made of the ability of his Department to support Birmingham City Council in implementing a system to collect payments from the proposed Clean Air Zone.
More of Roger Godsiff’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Birmingham, Hall Green
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 6 November 2019 — Dissolved for election
Also represented Birmingham, Sparkbrook and Small Heath; Birmingham Small Heath
Topics of interest
Roger Godsiff campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Work and Pensions
- Medical Records: Databases
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Social Security Benefits
- Personal Independence Payment
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Roger Godsiff’s speeches
- Has received answers to 49 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 144 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 101 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)