A selection of Linda Gilroy’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
36 votes for, 1 vote against, 5 absences, between 2006–2009.
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
7 votes for, 1 vote against, between 1999–2007.
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007.
Consistently voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 8 votes against, 3 absences, between 2003–2007.
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2004–2010.
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
11 votes for, 0 votes against, between 1997–2004.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Linda Gilroy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Linda Gilroy’s full vote analysis page for more.
Plymouth has had some of the most significant new health investment under Labour-the first new dental hospital for 50 years and the first new medical hospital for 25 years. What plans does the Prime Minister have to protect the progress that has been made and the way in which waiting lists have plummeted?
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what estimate he has made of the (a) transport cost in respect of and (b) carbon emissions arising from (i) the arrangements for supply of armaments under his Department's pilot scheme and (ii) the transition to direct delivery of such armaments.
What recent assessment he has made of the effectiveness of the coalition in achieving the UK's foreign policy objectives in Afghanistan.
More of Linda Gilroy’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Plymouth, Sutton
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Public Buildings: Plymouth
- New Deal
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, South West Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 10 Aug 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Lord Drayson, Minister of State), Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (30 Dec 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (20 May 2008 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Committee on Arms Export Controls (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (20 Feb 2007 to 20 Aug 2008)
- Member, Defence Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Nick Raynsford, Minister of State), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from