Cheryl Gillan’s voting in Parliament
Cheryl Gillan is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Cheryl Gillan sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Cheryl Gillan consistently voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Cheryl Gillan generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Cheryl Gillan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Cheryl Gillan’s full vote analysis page for more.
Cheryl Gillan has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what information his Department holds on the (a) range of salaries of HS2 Ltd personnel and (b) increases in those salaries in each of the last three years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what information his Department holds on the 10 (a) highest and (b) lowest remuneration packages at HS2 Ltd by job title.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what information his Department holds on how many vacant posts there are at HS2 Ltd; and what the salaries are of those vacant posts that are being advertised.
More of Cheryl Gillan’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Chesham and Amersham
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Topics of interest
Cheryl Gillan campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Department for Transport
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- National Offender Management Service
- High Speed Two
- Probation Service
Currently held offices
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (10 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (25 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (12 May 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Secretary of State for Wales (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (11 Dec 2003 to 24 Mar 2004)
- Shadow Minister of State (Home Office) (10 May 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2001 to 10 May 2003)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (10 May 1998 to 10 May 2001)
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (1 Apr 1998 to 5 Apr 2001)
- Shadow Minister (Trade and Industry) (5 May 1997 to 10 May 1998)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Employment) (6 Jul 1995 to 1 May 1997)
- Member, Procedure Committee (20 Apr 1994 to 17 Oct 1995)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (27 Apr 1992 to 7 Nov 1995)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 31 Jul 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Member of Advisory Board of GovNet
Communications, 22 Long Acre, London WC2C 9LY. The work involves advising on GovNet’s publications and conferences. The remuneration is up to £5,000 per annum and the hours will be up to 3 hrs per month. (Registered 15 May 2014
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for completing surveys:
Payment of £200 expected for a survey completed on 7 November 2016
. Hours: 1 hr. This fee will be donated to charity. (Registered 08 November 2016)
7 February 2017
, payment of £200. Hours: 1 hr. Fee paid direct to charity. (Registered 20 February 2017)
Trustee and Hon Treasurer of the Parliament Choir. (Registered 11 April 2014
From 5 November 2016, President (unpaid) of the Buckinghamshire branch of the Campaign to Protect Rural England. (Registered 08 November 2016)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my husband, Jack Coates Leeming, as a part-time Office Manager
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from