A selection of Neil Gerrard's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
7 votes for, 1 vote against, 34 absences, between 2006–2009
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 5 votes against, between 2003–2007
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, 5 absences, between 1997–2004
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2004–2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Neil Gerrard’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Neil Gerrard’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what steps his Department is taking to fulfil its commitments under the Achieving Universal Access AIDS Strategy, in (a) Lesotho, (b) Botswana and (c) Swaziland.
I shall try to be brief, because many of the issues that I wanted to discuss have been covered. This is probably the last time I will speak in the House, so I am glad to be discussing an important Bill. Most of the comments have been about file sharing and internet access, and there have been a few about orphan works. Other important aspects that most of us think worth while have also been...
I notice the Liberal Democrats are still denying that there might be one. I am interested in their position on clause 18-having proposed it, they later decided that it was a dreadful thing and had to be opposed.
More of Neil Gerrard’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Walthamstow
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- National Offender Management Service
- Asylum Seekers
- Probation Service
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Information Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Neil Gerrard’s speeches
- Has received answers to 89 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.03% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 333 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from