A selection of Christopher Fraser's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, in 2007
Consistently voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, between 1999–2007
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
Consistently voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 39 votes against, 2 absences, between 2006–2009
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Christopher Fraser’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Christopher Fraser’s full vote analysis page for more.
Will the Secretary of State finally accept that the Government have failed people in rural areas in terms of fuel poverty? In such areas, there is not a choice of suppliers and the use of a car is a necessity, not a luxury.
Mr. Bill Cash would like to make a contribution. I have cleared it with the Minister, if you are happy, Mr. Letwin.
More of Christopher Fraser’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for South West Norfolk
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Also represented Mid Dorset and North Poole
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Cancer Treatment
- Departments: Postal Services
- Prostate Cancer
- Legal Aid
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (13 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 62 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Christopher Fraser’s speeches
- Has received answers to 23 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 60.87% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 49 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 143 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Cash Converters, Financial Services, 15 Gentlemens Field, Westmill Road, Ware, Hertfordshire. (£25,001-£30,000)
£2,500 plus VAT received. Hours: 2 days. (Registered 30 September 2009)
£2,500 plus VAT received. Hours: 2 days. (Registered 3 November 2009)
£2,500 plus VAT received. Hours: 2 days. (Registered 2 December 2009)
£2,500 plus VAT received. Hours: 2 days. (Registered 5 January 2010)
£2,500 plus VAT received. Hours: 2 days. (Registered 2 February 2010)
£2,500 plus VAT received. Hours: 2 days (Registered 8 March 2010)
8. Land and Property
Property in London and farm land and property in Dorset from which rental income is received.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Protean Design; a concept and product design company.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from