Liam Fox’s voting in Parliament
Liam Fox is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Liam Fox sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Liam Fox generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Liam Fox generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Liam Fox’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Liam Fox’s full vote analysis page for more.
Liam Fox has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
This is the first time that I have spoken in the House since the death of Sir Jeremy Heywood. He was a dedicated public servant to whom I, among many, owe a great debt. I am very fortunate to have been able to call him a friend as well as a colleague. I am sure that Members on both sides of the House would join in a tribute to Sir Jeremy. The export strategy launched in the summer consists of...
My hon. Friend is a great champion of business in the Black country, but all businesses are different, and we want to help both new and seasoned exporters of all sizes with the sort of support that is appropriate to the barriers and opportunities that they will face. SMEs in particular will benefit from increased peer-to-peer learning, improved access to specialist advice, and the thousands...
The Government’s intention is that we will leave the European Union in March, we will exit the implementation period in December 2020, and we will have a fully independent trade policy. We have already begun—and finished—the first four consultations on independent trade agreements with other countries.
More of Liam Fox’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for North Somerset
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Woodspring
Topics of interest
Liam Fox campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Iraq: Peacekeeping Operations
- Armoured Fighting Vehicles
- Armed Forces: Deployment
- Armed Forces: Training
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for International Trade and President of the Board of Trade (since 13 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Defence (12 May 2010 to 14 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (7 Dec 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Foreign Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 7 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister without Portfolio (10 Nov 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Co-Chair, Conservative Party (10 Nov 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Health (15 Jun 1999 to 10 Nov 2003)
- Opposition Spokesperson (Constitutional Affairs, Scotland and Wales) (2 Jun 1998 to 15 Jun 1999)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (23 Jul 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Government Whip (28 Nov 1995 to 23 Jul 1996)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (20 Jul 1994 to 28 Nov 1995)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 27 Oct 1994)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Liam Fox’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.88% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 137 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Liam Fox’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1126 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Contract with Quercus Editions Limited for writing a book. Address: Quercus Editions Limited, 55 Baker Street
, 7th Floor, South Block, London, W1U 8EW.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
I have accepted Honorary Membership for life of the Carlton Club
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from