Liam Fox’s voting in Parliament
Liam Fox is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Liam Fox sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Liam Fox generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Liam Fox generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Liam Fox’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Liam Fox’s full vote analysis page for more.
Liam Fox has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
Since he is a conscientious and committed Member of the House of Commons, the hon. Gentleman will know that the Government published a trade White Paper on Monday 9 October 2017. The trade White Paper establishes the principles that will guide future UK trade policy and sets out the preparatory steps that we are taking. The paper can be found in the Libraries of both Houses and on the gov.uk...
If the hon. Gentleman is referring to the transitional adoption of existing EU agreements, I can tell him that we have had a very positive response from other Governments, who, like us, want to ensure that there is no disruption of trade at the point of departure from the European Union. We will want to get as many of those in place as we can. That depends partly on the willingness of...
This Government constantly declares for free trade. In fact, as we leave the European Union and take up our independent seat on the World Trade Organisation, this country intends to champion the cause of global free trade, especially at a time when the growth in trade has been slowing down in recent years.
More of Liam Fox’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for North Somerset
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Woodspring
Topics of interest
Liam Fox campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Iraq: Peacekeeping Operations
- Armoured Fighting Vehicles
- Armed Forces: Deployment
- Armed Forces: Training
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for International Trade and President of the Board of Trade (since 13 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Defence (12 May 2010 to 14 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (7 Dec 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Foreign Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 7 Dec 2005)
- Without portfolio (10 Nov 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Co-Chair, Conservative Party (10 Nov 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Health (15 Jun 1999 to 10 Nov 2003)
- Opposition Spokesperson (Constitutional Affairs, Scotland and Wales) (2 Jun 1998 to 15 Jun 1999)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (23 Jul 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Government Whip (28 Nov 1995 to 23 Jul 1996)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (20 Jul 1994 to 28 Nov 1995)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 27 Oct 1994)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Liam Fox’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 159 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Liam Fox’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1039 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Contract with Quercus Editions Limited for writing a book. Address: Quercus Editions Limited, 55 Baker Street
, 7th Floor, South Block, London, W1U 8EW.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: First Corporate Shipping Ltd (trading as The Bristol Port Company)
Address of donor: St. Andrew’s Road, Avonmouth, Bristol BS11 9DQ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,000
Donor status: company, registration 02641767
(Registered 07 July 2017
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
I have accepted Honorary Membership for life of the Carlton Club
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Alliance of European Conservatives
Address of donor: Rue du Trône 4, 1000 Brussels
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights and Accommodation for me and my staff member with a value of £1,193.24
Destination of visit: Porto, Portugal
Dates of visit: 30 September to 1 October 2016
Purpose of visit: To be a keynote speaker
at the European Young Conservatives
) Freedom Summit.
(Registered 19 October 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from