Liam Fox’s voting in Parliament
Liam Fox is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Liam Fox sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Liam Fox generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Liam Fox generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Liam Fox’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Liam Fox’s full vote analysis page for more.
Liam Fox has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
I have previously informed the House that in order to fulfil our obligations at the World Trade Organization (WTO) as we leave the European Union we will prepare UK-specific schedules of concessions and commitments. I have today sent to the secretariat of the WTO the UK schedule for goods and I will place a copy in the library. This schedule replicates, as far as possible, our current...
Today I am announcing the first public consultations on future free trade agreement negotiations. As I informed the House on Monday 16 July, these consultations will provide one of a number of means by which Parliament, the Devolved Administrations, the public, business, civil society and trade unions can have their say on the Government’s approach to new trade agreements. Our first...
I beg to move, That the Bill be now read the Third time. Let me begin by thanking right hon. and hon. Members from across the House who have shared their time and expertise to help enhance the Bill. We have spent today on Report thoroughly examining the measures in this short but significant proposed legislation. This followed four days of line-by-line scrutiny in Public Bill Committee. I...
More of Liam Fox’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for North Somerset
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Woodspring
Topics of interest
Liam Fox campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Iraq: Peacekeeping Operations
- Armoured Fighting Vehicles
- Armed Forces: Deployment
- Armed Forces: Training
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for International Trade and President of the Board of Trade (since 13 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Defence (12 May 2010 to 14 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (7 Dec 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Foreign Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 7 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister without Portfolio (10 Nov 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Co-Chair, Conservative Party (10 Nov 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Health (15 Jun 1999 to 10 Nov 2003)
- Opposition Spokesperson (Constitutional Affairs, Scotland and Wales) (2 Jun 1998 to 15 Jun 1999)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (23 Jul 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Government Whip (28 Nov 1995 to 23 Jul 1996)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (20 Jul 1994 to 28 Nov 1995)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 27 Oct 1994)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Liam Fox’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 77.16% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 141 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Liam Fox’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1116 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Aug 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Contract with Quercus Editions Limited for writing a book. Address: Quercus Editions Limited, 55 Baker Street
, 7th Floor, South Block, London, W1U 8EW.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
I have accepted Honorary Membership for life of the Carlton Club
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from