Caroline Flint campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Caroline Flint’s voting in Parliament
Caroline Flint is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Caroline Flint sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Caroline Flint generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Caroline Flint generally voted against greater regulation of gambling, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Caroline Flint generally voted for university tuition fees, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Caroline Flint’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Caroline Flint’s full vote analysis page for more.
Caroline Flint has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
Last week, the all-party group on children of alcoholics launched a manifesto for change. Some 2.5 million children are growing up in the home of a problem drinker—I did, too. These children are twice as likely as others to have problems at school, three times more likely to consider suicide, and four times more likely to become an alcoholic, yet today 138 local authorities have no plan...
Will the Minister give way?
I will not press new clause 6 to a vote. I do not believe that the Minister has really answered the points that have been made by hon. Members across the House. I am sure that this matter will be picked up in the other place, and I reserve the right to pick it up once again with my right hon. Friend the Member for Barking (Dame Margaret Hodge) when it returns to this place.
More of Caroline Flint’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Don Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Energy: Prices
- Green Deal Scheme
- Renewable Energy
- Warm Front Scheme
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 26 Oct 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (7 Oct 2011 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Minister of State (Europe) (3 Oct 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Minister of State (Department of Communities and Local Government) (Housing) (24 Jan 2008 to 3 Oct 2008)
- Minister of State (Department for Work and Pensions) (Employment and Welfare Reform) (28 Jun 2007 to 25 Jan 2008)
- Minister of State (Regional Affairs) (Yorkshire and the Humber) (28 Jun 2007 to 9 Jan 2008)
- Minister of State (Department of Health) (Public Health) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (13 Jun 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (30 Apr 2003 to 7 Jul 2003)
- Member, Administration Committee (30 Jan 2001 to 19 Jan 2005)
- Member, Education Sub-committee (23 Jul 1997 to 13 Dec 1999)
- Member, Education & Employment Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 13 Dec 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from