Caroline Flint’s voting in Parliament
Caroline Flint is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Caroline Flint sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Caroline Flint generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Caroline Flint generally voted against greater regulation of gambling, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Caroline Flint’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Caroline Flint’s full vote analysis page for more.
Caroline Flint has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
Much of what I am hearing is music to my ears, and I welcome the fantastic cross-party support. The draft Bill, however, is a vindication of Labour’s warnings since the data became available in 2011 that customers were being ripped off by the big six energy companies. The Secretary of State has finally accepted that customers were overcharged by £1.4 billion between 2012 and 2015,...
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
The Secretary of State knows that the concern for Ofgem, even though it has the power, is that energy companies would appeal to the CMA and frustrate the process. What he has not acknowledged today is that, under section 26 of the Energy Act 2010, he already has the power to introduce a price cap if one group of customers is treated less favourably than other customers by an energy supplier....
More of Caroline Flint’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Don Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Caroline Flint campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Energy and Climate Change
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Energy: Prices
- Green Deal Scheme
- Renewable Energy
- Warm Front Scheme
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (7 Oct 2011 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Minister of State (Europe) (3 Oct 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Minister of State (Department of Communities and Local Government) (Housing) (24 Jan 2008 to 3 Oct 2008)
- Minister of State (Regional Affairs) (Yorkshire and the Humber) (28 Jun 2007 to 9 Jan 2008)
- Minister of State (Department for Work and Pensions) (Employment and Welfare Reform) (28 Jun 2007 to 25 Jan 2008)
- Minister of State (Department of Health) (Public Health) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (13 Jun 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (30 Apr 2003 to 7 Jul 2003)
- Member, Administration Committee (30 Jan 2001 to 19 Jan 2005)
- Member, Education Sub-committee (23 Jul 1997 to 13 Dec 1999)
- Member, Education & Employment Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 13 Dec 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Community Union
Address of donor: 465c Caledonian Road, London N7 9GX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £6,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 07 July 2017
Name of donor: B M Creative Management Litd
Address of donor: 23 Kingsway, London WC2B 6UJ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 05635995
(Registered 07 July 2017)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from