Michael Fallon’s voting in Parliament
Michael Fallon is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Michael Fallon’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
3 votes for, 5 votes against, 6 absences, between 2003–2016
Generally voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
17 votes for, 5 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2015
Almost always voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 13 votes against, 2 absences, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
4 votes for, 5 votes against, 7 absences, between 1997–2017
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
41 votes for, 1 vote against, 12 absences, between 2012–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Michael Fallon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Michael Fallon’s full vote analysis page for more.
Michael Fallon has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
I refer the hon. Member to the Cabinet Office statement of earlier today. The Government has initiated work on a review of national security capabilities in support of the continued implementation of the 2015 Strategic Defence and Security Review. To ensure that in the light of current national security challenges that our capabilities are as effective and efficient as possible, Defence will...
Following the announcement earlier this month that the Ministry of Defence had signed a £3.7 billion contract for the first batch of the new Type 26 anti-submarine warfare frigates, I am pleased to announce that the frigates will be known as the City Class. The first ship is to be named HMS GLASGOW and her construction formally began today. Naming the ships after cities provides...
More of Michael Fallon’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Sevenoaks
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Darlington
Topics of interest
Michael Fallon campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Experience Corps
- Special Advisers
- Departmental Staff
- Mental Health Services: Kent
- Equitable Life Assurance Society: Compensation
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Defence (since 15 Jul 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State for Portsmouth (16 Jan 2014 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (28 Mar 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change (28 Mar 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (6 Sep 2012 to 28 Mar 2013)
- Deputy Chair, Conservative Party (4 Sep 2010 to 4 Sep 2012)
- Chair, Treasury Sub-committee (17 May 2005 to 12 Apr 2010)
- Chair, Treasury Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 7 Apr 2005)
- Member, Treasury Committee (5 Jul 1999 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Dec 1997 to 1 Jun 1998)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Trade and Industry) (1 Jun 1997 to 1 Dec 1997)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Education and Science) (24 Jul 1990 to 14 Apr 1992)
- Government Whip (10 May 1990 to 22 Jul 1990)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (26 Jul 1988 to 10 May 1990)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Michael Fallon’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Fallon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1025 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 31 Jul 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: England and Wales Cricket Board
Address of donor: Lord's Cricket Ground, London NW8 8QZ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets with hospitality, total value of £400
Date received: 16 July 2016
Date accepted: 16 July 2016
Donor status: company, registration 3251364
(Registered 08 August 2016
Name of donor: Rugby Football Union
Address of donor: Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham TW2 7BA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets with hospitality for myself and my wife for the Six Nations England vs Scotland match, value £608
Date received: 11 March 2017
Date accepted: 11 March 2017
Donor status: other
(Registered 17 March 2017)
Name of donor: Sky
Address of donor: Grant Way, Isleworth TW7 5QD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets with hospitality for the England vs South Africa test match at Lords, value £392
Date received: 9 July 2017
Date accepted: 9 July 2017
Donor status: company, registration 02247735
(Registered 12 July 2017)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Wendy Fallon, as Senior Caseworker (constituency
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from