Michael Fallon’s voting in Parliament
Michael Fallon is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Michael Fallon’s votes.
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 5 absences, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
17 votes for, 51 votes against, 23 absences, between 2008–2017
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
3 votes for, 5 votes against, 7 absences, between 1997–2016
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2004–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Michael Fallon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Michael Fallon’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
I refer the hon. Member to the answer I gave on 22 November 2016 to Question 53647 to the hon. Member for Blaenau Gwent (Mr Smith). Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft (Word Document, 32.69 KB)
British Forces are involved in more than 30 operations in over 20 countries. We are effectively protecting the UK and its interests from a range of threats, and promoting security in key regions of the world. Protecting the UK. We continue to defend UK airspace with an integrated Air Defence system that includes Quick Reaction Alert Typhoon aircraft held at continuous readiness, Voyager...
In total they represent no more than 5% of our overall Defence spending.
More of Michael Fallon’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Sevenoaks
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Darlington
Topics of interest
Michael Fallon campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Experience Corps
- Special Advisers
- Departmental Staff
- Mental Health Services: Kent
- Equitable Life Assurance Society: Compensation
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Defence (since 15 Jul 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State for Portsmouth (16 Jan 2014 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (28 Mar 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change (28 Mar 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (6 Sep 2012 to 28 Mar 2013)
- Deputy Chair, Conservative Party (4 Sep 2010 to 4 Sep 2012)
- Chair, Treasury Sub-committee (17 May 2005 to 12 Apr 2010)
- Chair, Treasury Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 7 Apr 2005)
- Member, Treasury Committee (5 Jul 1999 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Dec 1997 to 1 Jun 1998)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Trade and Industry) (1 Jun 1997 to 1 Dec 1997)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Education and Science) (24 Jul 1990 to 14 Apr 1992)
- Government Whip (10 May 1990 to 22 Jul 1990)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (26 Jul 1988 to 10 May 1990)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Michael Fallon’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 124 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Fallon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1000 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: England and Wales Cricket Board
Address of donor: Lord's Cricket Ground, London NW8 8QZ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets with hospitality, total value of £400
Date received: 16 July 2016
Date accepted: 16 July 2016
Donor status: company, registration 3251364
(Registered 08 August 2016
Name of donor: Rugby Football Union
Address of donor: Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham TW2 7BA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets with hospitality for myself and my wife for the Six Nations England vs Scotland match, value £608
Date received: 11 March 2017
Date accepted: 11 March 2017
Donor status: other
(Registered 17 March 2017)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Wendy Fallon, as Senior Caseworker (constituency
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from