Michael Fabricant’s voting in Parliament
Michael Fabricant is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Michael Fabricant sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Michael Fabricant generally voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Michael Fabricant generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Michael Fabricant’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Michael Fabricant’s full vote analysis page for more.
Michael Fabricant has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Is my right hon. Friend aware that Israel, Canada, New Zealand and Australia are not in the EU but are members of the Erasmus programme?
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what assessment he has made of the effect of the change to train services at Lichfield Trent Valley (LTV) rail station after the award of the West Coast Main Line rail franchise to First Trenitalia on (a) timetabling, (b) passenger comfort and (c) capacity; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will amend the terms of reference for the Oakervee Inquiry into the future of HS2 to include (a) alterations to the existing route of Phase 1a, (b) cancellation of the existing route of Phase 1a and a proposal new route to link London and Birmingham and (c) cancellation of HS2 in its entirety; and if he will make a statement.
More of Michael Fabricant’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Lichfield
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Staffordshire Mid
Topics of interest
Michael Fabricant campaigned to leave the European Union
- Trade and Industry
- House of Commons Commission
- Home Department
- Departmental Procurement
- Invoice Payments
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- Civil Service Relocation
Currently held offices
- Member, Administration Committee (since 30 Oct 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee (1 Dec 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (11 Sep 2012 to 10 Apr 2014)
- Member, Committee of Selection (21 Jun 2010 to 9 May 2013)
- Government Whip (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Member, Administration Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (13 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Trade and Industry) (Trade and Economic Affairs) (1 Jun 2003 to 12 May 2005)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (19 Nov 2001 to 2 Feb 2004)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (5 Nov 2001 to 14 Jul 2003)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (26 Jul 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (28 Jul 1997 to 1 Nov 1999)
- Member, National Heritage Committee (29 Jun 1993 to 7 May 1996)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 Sep 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from the Telegraph Media Group Limited, 111 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0SR:
14 December 2018, received £250 for an article published on 13 December 2018. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 17 December 2018)
9 October 2018, received £820 (plus reimbursement for rail travel) from So Television, 1 Boundary Row, London SE1 8GN, via Cloud9 Management Ltd, 2 Archer Street, London W1D 7AW, for one appearance on a TV Pilot
‘Rinderland with Rob Rinder
’ recorded on 28 September 2018. Hours: 3 hrs. (Registered 09 October 2018)
9 November 2018, received £229.60 from ITN
Productions, 200 Gray’s Inn Road, London, WC1X 8XZ via Cloud9 Management Ltd of 2 Archer Street, London W1D 7AW, for a cancelled appearance on ‘The Wright Stuff
’ on Channel 5
on 15 October 2018. Hours: none. (Registered 13 November 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from