A selection of Jeff Ennis's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 abstention, in 2007
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
32 votes for, 0 votes against, 10 absences, between 2006–2009
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, 5 absences, between 1997–2004
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 1999–2007
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 6 votes against, between 2003–2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jeff Ennis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jeff Ennis’s full vote analysis page for more.
What progress has been made in the establishment of a carbon capture and storage demonstration plant in South Yorkshire.
I thank the Minister for that very positive reply. The development of coal power stations with equipment to provide CCS is essential to the future of this country. Does my hon. Friend agree that, with its rich heritage in heavy engineering and innovation, South Yorkshire is well placed to lead the world in the development of CCS?
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if he will make representations to the Colombian authorities on the recent assassination of Colombian human rights defender Jhonny Hurtado and its effects on the human rights situation in that country.
More of Jeff Ennis’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Barnsley East and Mexborough
Entered the House of Commons on 12 December 1996 — unknown
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Also represented Barnsley East
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Education and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- Miners' Compensation
- Healthy Start Scheme
- Higher Education
- Industrial Diseases: Compensation
- Colombia: Human Rights
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (8 Dec 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (8 Dec 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Edward Miliband, Secretary of State), Department for Energy and Climate Change (16 Oct 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Edward Miliband, Minister of State (Cabinet)), Cabinet Office (16 Jul 2007 to 16 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Edward Miliband, Minister of State (Cabinet)), Cabinet Office (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Jul 2007)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Draft Gambling Bill (Joint Committee) (28 May 2004 to 21 Sep 2004)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Jeff Ennis’s speeches
- Has received answers to 48 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 25 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 138 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
As Joint Chair of the All-Party Racing and Bloodstock Group I have been given a badge by the Race Course Association (RCA
) for 2009 which gives access to most race meetings. (Registered 1 1March 2009)
As non-executive director of Doncaster Racecourse Management Committee Ltd I have been given two badges which give access to the seven Arena Leisure
racecourses in England. (Registered 11 March 2009)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Justice for Colombia
Address of donor: 9 Arkwright Road, Hampstead, London NW3 6AB.
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £1600 (all costs were borne by the donor).
Destination of visit: Colombia
Date of visit: 29 November to 6 December 2009
Purpose of visit: meetings with Government officials, opposition
politicians, trade unionists and human rights' lawyers to highlight the issue of human rights in Colombia.
(Registered 5 January 2010)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from