Louise Ellman’s voting in Parliament
Louise Ellman is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Louise Ellman sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Louise Ellman generally voted against introducing foundation hospitals, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Louise Ellman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Louise Ellman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Louise Ellman has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
All hon. Members have made important points about the scandalous behaviour of Volkswagen and the broken testing and type approval system. I am encouraged by the Minister’s response about the work that he has done, and I urge him to continue it so that individuals and the taxpayer receive compensation and the promised fix. I ask him to keep pursuing the Jones Day report and, so far as...
I am sure that the EU is not without fault, but national Governments are responsible for their own certification systems, and our certification system and the type approval process has been found severely wanting. I hope that the Minister will tell us in due course what he as Minister in this country is going to do about that.
More of Louise Ellman’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Liverpool, Riverside
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005; Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
Louise Ellman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Asylum Seekers
- Rescue Services
- Lyons Review
- Rolling Stock
Currently held offices
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee (since 20 Feb 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Transport Committee (since 18 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee (21 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (21 May 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Transport Committee (21 May 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Transport Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 21 May 2008)
- Member, Transport Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Transport, Local Government & The Regions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (15 Jul 1997 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (14 Jul 1997 to 1 Jun 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Apr 2017.
Name of donor: Australia Israel Cultural Exchange Limited
Address of donor: Suite 836, Level 8, 1 Queens Road, Melbourne 3004, Victoria, Australia
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): flights, accommodation, meals, airport and taxi transfers, other travel and accommodation with a total value of £2,000
Destination of visit: Israel
Dates of visit: 16-20 December 2016
Purpose of visit: Tripartite Australia Israel UK Leadership Dialogue conference.
(Registered 26 January 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from