A selection of Louise Ellman's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
10 votes for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 1997–2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
9 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 1999–2016
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2004–2011
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
61 votes for, 8 votes against, 1 abstention, 21 absences, between 2006–2017
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 16 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2014
We have lots more plain English analysis of Louise Ellman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Louise Ellman’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what steps he is taking to assist the Liverpool coroner in relation to the death of Michael Moran on 1 January 2017 in the Netherlands; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what representations the Government is making to the Government of the Netherlands to answer questions raised on behalf of the family of Michael Moran who died in Holland on 1 January 2017; and if he will make a statement.
All hon. Members have made important points about the scandalous behaviour of Volkswagen and the broken testing and type approval system. I am encouraged by the Minister’s response about the work that he has done, and I urge him to continue it so that individuals and the taxpayer receive compensation and the promised fix. I ask him to keep pursuing the Jones Day report and, so far as...
More of Louise Ellman’s recent appearances
Former Labour/Co-operative MP for Liverpool, Riverside
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005; Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
Louise Ellman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Asylum Seekers
- Rescue Services
- Lyons Review
- Rolling Stock
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee (20 Feb 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Transport Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee (21 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (21 May 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Transport Committee (21 May 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Transport Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 21 May 2008)
- Member, Transport Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Transport, Local Government & The Regions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (15 Jul 1997 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (14 Jul 1997 to 1 Jun 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Louise Ellman’s speeches
- Has received answers to 31 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 56 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 187 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 379 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
Name of donor: Australia Israel Cultural Exchange Limited
Address of donor: Suite 836, Level 8, 1 Queens Road, Melbourne 3004, Victoria, Australia
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): flights, accommodation, meals, airport and taxi transfers, other travel and accommodation with a total value of £2,000
Destination of visit: Israel
Dates of visit: 16-20 December 2016
Purpose of visit: Tripartite Australia Israel UK Leadership Dialogue conference.
(Registered 26 January 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from