Clive Efford’s voting in Parliament
Clive Efford is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Clive Efford sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Clive Efford almost always voted against introducing foundation hospitals, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Clive Efford consistently voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Clive Efford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Clive Efford’s full vote analysis page for more.
Clive Efford has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
My constituents have endured all the disruption and chaos while the Thameslink work is going on at London Bridge, and they did so in the expectation that they were going to get an improved service. They are now incandescent with rage, because the new franchise proposes cutting services to Charing Cross and Victoria and reducing off-peak services. This is unacceptable. Will the Secretary of...
May I associate myself with all the tributes that have been paid in the House regarding yesterday’s tragic events? It should send a strong message to the Secretary of State for Education when Opposition Members like me are entirely united with the hon. Member for Shipley (Philip Davies) on the funding formula for education? Many schools face severe deficits and need to be able to plan...
Did the Scottish National party Government in Scotland learn anything from the franchising process we have undergone in England? The passenger survey shows that, since the Scottish Government privatised the service to Abellio, satisfaction in the service has declined, and the service has declined since then. I wonder whether any lessons—
More of Clive Efford’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Eltham
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Clive Efford campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Culture Media and Sport
- Home Department
- Department of Health
- Schools: Sports
- Circle Holdings
- Musculoskeletal Disorders: Greenwich
- Post Office
Currently held offices
- Member, Transport Committee (since 31 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (7 Oct 2011 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 7 Feb 2011)
- Member, London Regional Select Committee (14 Dec 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Clive Efford’s speeches
- Has received answers to 57 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.02% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 47 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 136 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Clive Efford’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 398 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Apr 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The Football Association Ltd
Address of donor: Wembley Stadium, Wembley, London HA9 0WS
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: one ticket to attend the England v Netherlands match, plus hospitality; estimated value over £300
Date received: 29 March 2016
Date accepted: 29 March 2016
Donor status: company, registration 77797
(Registered 18 April 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from