Clive Efford’s voting in Parliament
Clive Efford is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Clive Efford sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Clive Efford almost always voted against introducing foundation hospitals, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Clive Efford consistently voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Clive Efford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Clive Efford’s full vote analysis page for more.
Clive Efford has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
Did the Scottish National party Government in Scotland learn anything from the franchising process we have undergone in England? The passenger survey shows that, since the Scottish Government privatised the service to Abellio, satisfaction in the service has declined, and the service has declined since then. I wonder whether any lessons—
I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Liverpool, Riverside (Mrs Ellman) on her introduction to the report and the Government response. I came on to the Committee part way through the investigation, but I feel a certain amount of ownership because in my previous life on the Select Committee I was involved in the 2006 report. I am dismayed to be back here still debating exactly the same...
My hon. Friend’s intervention is incredibly timely, because I was about to go on to describe my attempts to get to Stoke-on-Trent on Virgin Trains on 23 February. I was fortunate that I did not take the 10.30 am train as my colleagues had. It had left, but perhaps my hon. Friend the Member for Stretford and Urmston (Kate Green), who is present, only got to Stafford at 8 o’clock...
More of Clive Efford’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Eltham
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Clive Efford campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Culture Media and Sport
- Home Department
- Department of Health
- Schools: Sports
- Circle Holdings
- Musculoskeletal Disorders: Greenwich
- Post Office
Currently held offices
- Member, Transport Committee (since 31 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (7 Oct 2011 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 7 Feb 2011)
- Member, London Regional Select Committee (14 Dec 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 51 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Clive Efford’s speeches
- Has received answers to 57 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 47 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 135 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Clive Efford’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 397 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Mar 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The Football League
Address of donor: Edward VII
Quay, Navigation Way, Preston PR2 2YF
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: one ticket to attend the Capital One Cup Final, plus hospitality; estimated value over £300
Date received: 28 February 2016
Date accepted: 28 February 2016
Donor status: company, registration 00080612
(Registered 21 March 2016
Name of donor: The Football Association Ltd
Address of donor: Wembley Stadium, Wembley, London HA9 0WS
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: one ticket to attend the England v Netherlands match, plus hospitality; estimated value over £300
Date received: 29 March 2016
Date accepted: 29 March 2016
Donor status: company, registration 77797
(Registered 18 April 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from