Maria Eagle’s voting in Parliament
Maria Eagle is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Maria Eagle’s votes.
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 15 votes against, 8 absences, between 2010–2015
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
12 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2011–2016
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2017
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2013
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 5 votes against, 6 absences, between 2011–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Maria Eagle’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Maria Eagle’s full vote analysis page for more.
Maria Eagle has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how many public service vehicles inspected by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency were identified as having tyres that exceed the 10-year age limit in each year since January 2014.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, pursuant to the Answer of 6 July 2017 to Question 1855, how many inspections into the age of public service vehicle tyres were carried out by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency in each year since January 2014.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will make an assessment of the effect of parked cars obstructing pavements on the safety of visually impaired and blind pedestrians.
More of Maria Eagle’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Garston and Halewood
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Liverpool, Garston
Topics of interest
Maria Eagle campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Departmental Travel
- West Coast Railway Line: Franchises
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- Departmental Public Transport
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (5 Jan 2016 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (14 Sep 2015 to 5 Jan 2016)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (7 Oct 2013 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Solicitor General (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Equalities Office) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Ministry of Justice) (also in Government Equalities Office) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Government Equalities Office) (also in the Ministry of Justice) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Government Equalities office) (also in the Ministry of Justice) (5 Oct 2008 to 9 Jun 2009)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice (2 Jul 2007 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (Children and Families) (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (11 Jun 2001 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 29 Nov 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Maria Eagle’s speeches
- Has received answers to 178 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 22 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 117 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Maria Eagle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 652 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from