Maria Eagle’s voting in Parliament
Maria Eagle is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Maria Eagle’s votes.
Almost always voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 15 votes against, 3 absences, between 2011–2018
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Almost always voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2018
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
87 votes for, 8 votes against, 30 absences, between 2006–2018
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
12 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2011–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Maria Eagle’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Maria Eagle’s full vote analysis page for more.
Maria Eagle has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
There is no ideal way forward now that will satisfy all. I will not be voting for the withdrawal agreement that the Prime Minister has negotiated. I am afraid it is a mess, and the way she has handled Brexit from the beginning of her premiership has been fundamentally flawed. If we go forward on the basis of her deal and the political declaration, I believe that terrible damage will be done...
Many of my constituents have been left without money and food—effectively destitute—for extended periods during the roll-out of universal credit. Can the Minister guarantee that those of my constituents due to be migrated on to universal credit, whether as part of a pilot or more generally, will not be left in this condition?
More of Maria Eagle’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Garston and Halewood
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Liverpool, Garston
Topics of interest
Maria Eagle campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Education
- Departmental Travel
- West Coast Railway Line: Franchises
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- Departmental Public Transport
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (5 Jan 2016 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (14 Sep 2015 to 5 Jan 2016)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (7 Oct 2013 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Solicitor General (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Equalities Office) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Ministry of Justice) (also in Government Equalities Office) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Government Equalities Office) (also in the Ministry of Justice) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Government Equalities office) (also in the Ministry of Justice) (5 Oct 2008 to 9 Jun 2009)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice (2 Jul 2007 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (Children and Families) (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (11 Jun 2001 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 29 Nov 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)