A selection of Gwyneth Dunwoody's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, 5 absences, between 2003–2007
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 1999–2007
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
3 votes for, 2 votes against, 6 absences, in 2004
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
2 votes for, 6 votes against, 31 absences, between 2006–2008
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gwyneth Dunwoody’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gwyneth Dunwoody’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what assessment he has made of (a) progress on implementation of the Palestinian Reform and Development Plan and (b) the effect of Hamas' control of Gaza on the overall development of the Palestinian economy.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development what assessment he has made of the effect of the situation in Gaza on the flow of UK aid to the Palestinians; whether his Department plans to resume direct funding to the Palestinian Authority; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport how many heavy goods vehicle test stations are operated by the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency; and what their locations are.
More of Gwyneth Dunwoody’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Crewe and Nantwich
Entered the House of Commons on 31 March 1966 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 17 April 2008 — Died
Also represented Crewe; Exeter
Topics of interest
- Local Government and the Regions
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- London Olympics
- Road Safety
- Delegated Examiners
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Chairman, Transport Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Member, Transport Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 1 Nov 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Chairman, Transport Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 56 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Gwyneth Dunwoody’s speeches
- Has received answers to 101 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 42.72% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 34 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 216 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from