David Drew’s voting in Parliament
David Drew is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, David Drew sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
David Drew almost always voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
David Drew consistently voted for higher taxes on alcoholic drinks, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
David Drew consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
David Drew generally voted against equal gay rights, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
David Drew generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Drew’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Drew’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Drew has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, until what date is the current level of agricultural support to landowners guaranteed.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what research he has commissioned into the potential effect of electro-magnetic radiation on people in local communities.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent representations has he made to the Government of North Korea on human rights abuses in that country.
More of David Drew’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Stroud
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005; Labour until 12 Apr 2010
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Western Sahara
- Bovine Tuberculosis
- Bovine TB
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (since 3 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (20 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, South West Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, South West Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (31 Jan 2002 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Agriculture Committee (6 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (3 Feb 1998 to 20 Jan 2000)
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Jul 1997 to 27 Nov 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 69 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all David Drew’s speeches
- Has received answers to 405 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 82.91% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 24 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 97 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Drew’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 794 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Feb 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Ecotricity Ltd, Lion House, 2 Rowcroft, Stroud GL5 3BY, for consultancy work:
17 June 2017
, received £1,276.77. Hours: 64 hrs. (Registered 22 June 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: CWU
Address of donor: Gloucester North Delivery Office, Brockworth, Gloucester GL3 4AA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £1,500
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 22 June 2017)
Name of donor: CWU Bristol
Address of donor: 20 Church Road, Lawrence Hill, Bristol BS5 9JA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 22 June 2017)
Member (unpaid) of the Advisory Board of Forest Green Rovers Football Club. In return for undertaking voluntary activities, I occasionally receive hospitality in home and away directors' boxes. (Registered 12 September 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from